Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Definitely not how it works.

It’s revenue against spend. There are ways to artificially inflate revenue (moody sponsorship deals etc) but you can’t just pump external money in for player purchases. That’s the whole point really.

you can spend 400 million on players, wracking you huge debts in order to do so and then have it all payed off by a benevolent billionaire but it still needs to balance against the club revenues in a given 3 year period.

Thats my understanding anyway.

But isn't that what Chelsea have done ?

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

West Ham been ‘close’ to signing a number of highly rated players. Are the Sullivan stringing the fans along to shift season tickets?

God bless the Dildo Brothers.

4 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I think most of that debt has been sat there since he bought the club and cleared their debts. 

Apparently 1.17bn in 2018, 1.5bn when sold. That's Chelsea debt owed to Abramovic.

Edit I'm currently at work, might have to have a look at Chelseas Swiss Ramble when I get home if I remember/can be bothered 

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, midds said:

Essentially puts Lingard directly back into the same situation he's currently in right now next summer. He's free, to do as he wants (any old time)

But with the potential to have had a lot more games and put himself up for a bigger move. Think it’s actually fairly good business all round for him and Forest, especially is his wages are dependent on a number of bonuses 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

But with the potential to have had a lot more games and put himself up for a bigger move. Think it’s actually fairly good business all round for him and Forest, especially is his wages are dependent on a number of bonuses 

You'd also think that if he hits the ground running he'd give himself a small chance of playing himself into a bit of form and maybe, just maybe, in with a shout of the WC squad. He'd be the star man there and he'll see plenty of the ball for the first 15 games or so. I can see the logic from all parties

12 minutes ago, midds said:

Essentially puts Lingard directly back into the same situation he's currently in right now next summer. He's free, to do as he wants (any old time)

That’s an NFL style one year ’prove it’ deal. Makes so much sense for both sides if Lingard wasn’t happy with the offers he received this summer.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Actually worried about facing them now.

Brennan Johnson, Awoniyi, Cornet, 

And Lingard as an attack sounds very good.

At home, it's not about them and never should be. They are hardly better than Saka, Martinelli, Odegard etc.

Get the atmosphere up, get the tempo up and let's smash them.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

At home, it's not about them and never should be. They are hardly better than Saka, Martinelli, Odegard etc.

Get the atmosphere up, get the tempo up and let's smash them.

Your confidence 😁

I get that, I wouldn't underestimate them though, and I was only thinking they've signed well for a new side.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Hang on, just been mulling this over and is that how FFP works ? I thought it was on a kind of accounting debt, reading your way Ashley could have had a quiet agreement with PIF last Summer to buy 500mill worth of players, it gets "paid off" on the takeover and we are round FFP. 

Any know if that's how it works ?

The club would still not be allowed to spend that much. As much as debt isn’t taken into consideration, neither is the proceeds of the debt.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

The club would still not be allowed to spend that much. As much as debt isn’t taken into consideration, neither is the proceeds of the debt.

Which is what I was hinting at. I'm going to have to have a look and try and find, if the figures were right, where that extra 400mill in 4 yrs went. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

Hang on, just been mulling this over and is that how FFP works ? I thought it was on a kind of accounting debt, reading your way Ashley could have had a quiet agreement with PIF last Summer to buy 500mill worth of players, it gets "paid off" on the takeover and we are round FFP. 

Any know if that's how it works ?

That's not how it works. It makes no difference to the profit/loss, only losses of up to £115m over three years can be covered by an owner putting in money.

Chelsea's debt to Abramovic had been built up over a long period of time, some of which was before FFP. 

32 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Actually worried about facing them now.

Brennan Johnson, Awoniyi, Cornet, 

And Lingard as an attack sounds very good.

If we're worried about that attack we might as well pack up and not bother this season. We'll face at least a dozen better than that.

Edited by The Prophet