Other clubs' transfers

Greg

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Think both clubs would just be happy to get him off the wage bill.

Why did I think Alli had Turkish heritage?

Maybe some casual racism?

So glad we didn't sign this lemon in January. For a player whose game was based totally around pace, it was a bit silly to eat all of the pies and gaff off all of the training. I can't see him ever getting back to anything close to the level he was at a few years back.

When Everton are trying to shift you off the wage bill, that really says something.

The very definition of a busted flush.

Don’t think he’s a lemon. This one is all about psychology. He needs a very particular type of manager and situation to succeed I reckon, and had it at Spurs. There will be managers who can extract it, but his move from spurs was crucial. Everton was an awful option for him - I think managers like Howe/Potter/Frank would be his right kind of landing spot. A manager with empathy and great people skills. If he was on a free or thereabouts I’d pounce like a randy puma. No expectation of playing immediately but a few months to sort his head out. 

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Don’t think he’s a lemon. This one is all about psychology. He needs a very particular type of manager and situation to succeed I reckon, and had it at Spurs. There will be managers who can extract it, but his move from spurs was crucial. Everton was an awful option for him - I think managers like Howe/Potter/Frank would be his right kind of landing spot. A manager with empathy and great people skills. If he was on a free or thereabouts I’d pounce like a randy puma. No expectation of playing immediately but a few months to sort his head out. 

Great post man. You are very wise.

10 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

So glad we didn't sign this lemon in January. For a player whose game was based totally around pace, it was a bit silly to eat all of the pies and gaff off all of the training. I can't see him ever getting back to anything close to the level he was at a few years back.

When Everton are trying to shift you off the wage bill, that really says something.

The very definition of a busted flush.

His game was barely based on pace at all, that's what makes his fall from grace so hard to work out. It's a lot easier to work out why it's happened when it is (Owen, Dyer, Walcott etc)

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

His game was barely based on pace at all, that's what makes his fall from grace so hard to work out. It's a lot easier to work out why it's happened when it is (Owen, Dyer, Walcott etc)

A lot of it was mental sharpness and instinctive skill.

He wasn't a technical player in the broad sense nor one dependent on physicality. He would time runs, show great finishing skills or a deft touch, see a killer ball. A bit like Thomas Muller with a bit of skill.

Edited by The College Dropout

I feel like those 2 touch finishes from just outside the box, or the long ball from a defender/deep where he times his run 1 or 2 touch then in.... he did that all the time.

I thought at first Son ended up taking some of his best positions and maybe that contributed to his fall.

He was never that great in general play but he's totally shot now. Sad.

Rashford looks like he's heading down the same path.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I feel like those 2 touch finishes from just outside the box, or the long ball from a defender/deep where he times his run 1 or 2 touch then in.... he did that all the time.

I thought at first Son ended up taking some of his best positions and maybe that contributed to his fall.

He was never that great in general play but he's totally shot now. Sad.

Rashford looks like he's heading down the same path.

Mind, Son is twice the player Ali is.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Son is spurs best player imo.

Probably the most underrated top top player in the world. He’s amazing!