Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Annoying that we dont sign someone like Nunes. Would have improved us massively overall.

He won’t be available for us at this price.  It’s a move targeting for future transfers

Rabiot 'could' be good, but I just don't know why they're taking the risk.

I really rate Lisandro as well, but seems as though he will be a bit exposed because of his height.

Feels a bit like signings that are nice in theory but lack the real ruthless focus on fixing their weaknesses.

Rashford needs to escape before he goes all Deli Ali.

I think Man United are us in those relegation seasons, toxic and devoid of confidence. Not saying they will go anywhere near relegation however mid table is a realistic prospect.  They'd do well to keep working on removing the rot. They need to commit to a manager and let them build. Each year the structure gets weaker and the foundation less certain.

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Rabiot 'could' be good, but I just don't know why they're taking the risk.

I really rate Lisandro as well, but seems as though he will be a bit exposed because of his height.

Feels a bit like signings that are nice in theory but lack the real ruthless focus on fixing their weaknesses.

Lisandro is wrong for this league. Come 2nd half of the season when he’s getting bombarded by panic ball hoofing to 6ft 4+ monsters he’ll massively struggle. 

Just now, Nucasol said:

Lisandro is wrong for this league. Come 2nd half of the season when he’s getting bombarded by panic ball hoofing to 6ft 4+ monsters he’ll massively struggle. 

He's got to be deployed as part of a back 3 or he's fucked. Manu don't dominate play enough for him to not be exposed. 

26 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Even when Rabiot is not acting the prick he's just not good enough to fix their midfield problems. 

Well he's better than what we have, so it's a step forward right? 

Right?

I've always got the impression that he just be bothered any more and, given he's as thick pig shit, just doesn't have the will, mental capacity, (or desire) to take on board advice given to him.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure what's gone on with him, but his fall from grace is Adriano-level

It's mental. I remember watching him closely on his England debut and he looked like he had everything. Every touch was silky and intelligent. And he had end product for days. 

I don't see any way back for him now. Rashford seems to be on the same curve, he has been out of form for ages. Wonder if it's just a lack of motivation. Not everyone wants to strive to be the best after reaching a certain level, and if you're not going forwards you end up going backwards. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Well he's better than what we have, so it's a step forward right? 

Right?

I love that Man Utd think Rabiot and Arnautovic are the appropriate amendments to the most toxic lockerroom on the planet. Absolutely zero philosophy behind their player acquistions. Even Eriksen is testament to that. Now two of their best players are playmaker 10s who really can't play simultanously unless they had prime Makelele to sweep up. Until then they make do with McTominay. Great idea. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is an massive surplus of forwards who are very technical and tidy in their play but never really score many goals. I know the game has changed a lot but I miss the days when more than a handful of PL strikers scored a serious amount of goals each season.