Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Considering Flip reckons Paqueta is better than Bruno, I think him going to West Ham of all places is the maddest. I was fully expecting Man City, Spurs, Arsenal to be in for him and if not that it would be us. 

He was for Lyon and the national side. That being said Bruno has adapted so fucking well here and to the PL. Hard to see Paqueta adapting as quickly and well as he did now that he isn’t joining us :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Considering Flip reckons Paqueta is better than Bruno, I think him going to West Ham of all places is the maddest. I was fully expecting Man City, Spurs, Arsenal to be in for him and if not that it would be us. 

Let's hope @Flip's judgement stinks then, this is certainly what I'm hanging my hat on. Praying Paqueta turns out to be a namby pamby softie who can't hack English football.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I’d say that Paqueta to West Ham is the most unexpected of those three by some distance. Can’t really get my head round he hasn’t gone to a bigger club / club with more potential 

Yep - awful fit.  V.strange Newcastle weren't in for him but I don't think they'd have paid £50Mil for him

Just now, duo said:

Yep - awful fit.  V.strange Newcastle weren't in for him but I don't think they'd have paid £50Mil for him

I think we would have like if we thought he was worth it. Unless this is just a cashflow thing.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham are paying him a huge wage, meaning whether Howe would have liked him or not we were priced out.

Their wage structure is tighter than ours as far as I know. I really think we can't have wanted him that bad.

They can’t say they haven’t backed Ten Hag if they go for Antony or Osimhen. If he can’t get them fighting for champions league football with those players (provided they sign) then it’s a failure really 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Their wage structure is tighter than ours as far as I know. I really think we can't have wanted him that bad.

You could well be right. I thought they were offering Declan Rice £200k a week or something though so who knows. We probably didn't see value though like you say.

Wonder if it was us and West Ham in for Paquetá? But then, with our necessity to spend big on Isak, we had to back out? Of course, it could just be a coincidence that both signings have been within hours of each other.

Who knows. :dontknow:

Edited by JUICE690

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

Their weekly wage total is higher than ours, have more higher earners, and offer more (eg £200kpw to Rice to sign a new contract)

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

You could well be right. I thought they were offering Declan Rice £200k a week or something though so who knows. We probably didn't see value though like you say.

They offered him an 8 year deal on 200k a week apparently. 

With Paqueta, that guy from South America ha been saying that he has an attitude problem. I’m not sure if he meant he lets his head drop, he is ready to kick off, or both. If that is the case then it’s easy to see why Howe and the club were not that interested in him. We don’t want a Balotelli.