Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Random, but didn't realise Paul Huntington was still playing. 35 next month and has left Preston after 10 years to join hometown club Carlisle.

I remember him scoring against Spurs back in the day.

(He actually signed a couple of weeks ago, but just noticed now).

So they're appealing to any court that will listen (why the fuck the Swiss Federal Court has jurisdiction over a transfer between a French and English club for an Argentinian god only knows) and if that court throws them out they're suing Nantes for the money back once they pay it.

Incredible really. 

1 hour ago, xLiaaamx said:

So they're appealing to any court that will listen (why the fuck the Swiss Federal Court has jurisdiction over a transfer between a French and English club for an Argentinian god only knows) and if that court throws them out they're suing Nantes for the money back once they pay it.

Incredible really. 

I really don’t know what leg they think they have to stand on? Poor form from Cardiff. They should be ashamed of themselves.

It's a shame about Paqueta. Just liked the idea of bessie mates and full on Brazil midfield and all that!

But as the song goes, you can't always get what you want. But you might find you get what you need...

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Bruno posting a pretty gushing post about Paqueta on Instagram and some stories too.

and how they’ll play with each other in the national team. Disappointing.

Edited by Flip

I do hope Paqueta turns out to be shite like [emoji38]

Gutted we never went for him though as he seems perfect on paper, he looks another fantastic signing for West Ham. I'll wait and see who we fill the CM with before fully turning the waterworks on though.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

24 minutes ago, Flip said:

and how they’ll play with each other in the national team. Disappointing.

The one who got away :lol:

I’m sad about this for such irrational reasons. Was convinced we’d do this deal. 

They're starting to develop a half decent side in terms of names, probably mid-table quality, but there are so many unknowns as to how quickly they'll gel and fit in, it's going to be fascinating watching them this season.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I have total trust in the recruitment team. If they didn't fancy Paqueta at that price, that's good enough for me.

I think it's priority - I 100% back the club spending £60mil on Isak than £50 on Paqueta.  We needed a striker 'more'.  It means when Shelvey is back Bruno will be playing higher up the pitch which isn't a bad thing.

The PL is definitely turning into a Super League but will be interesting to see the knock on effect on the likes of Lyon and Ajax. They could end up building much better teams with the money they've received if they use it wisely

56 minutes ago, Willow said:

Has any team added as many players as Forest have in a window before?

Lost track at how many now

Half the players people think they've signed never actually signed for them.

People have just been getting carried away with all the rumours.

Just now, KaKa said:

Half the players people think they've signed never actually signed for them.

People have just been getting carried away with all the rumours.

They have made 16 signings so far I think ? plus 2 more are close 

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Forest will be fine this season. Decent manager and some impressive signings. The only way it doesn’t work is if the players aren’t there for the right reasons or don’t gel quickly enough.

The two points you've highlighted aren't minor risks, mind; there's every chance that either of those scenario's come to fruition.