Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

There’ll be a limit Chelsea can’t exceed, but those long contracts help out with amortisation. 

They’re pissing it away and will fall into a situation where a summer or two they’ll be massively limited with what they’ve got.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

They’re pissing it away and will fall into a situation where a summer or two they’ll be massively limited with what they’ve got.

I want to say they’ll be fucked without UCL but I just know there will be NO consequences to spending like this 

Edited by Jack27

35 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

7+ year contracts :lol: Todd obviously thinks he's a genius trailblazer and that everyone else is stupid doesn't he?

The value of the transfer is spread out over the length of the contract in FFP, which is why they are doing it. And so if they pay £70 million it will count slightly less than £10 million for this year in FFP terms I believe. It's the same reason Mike Ashley was giving out those long contracts when he was here.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The value of the transfer is spread out over the length of the contract in FFP, which is why they are doing it. And so if they pay £70 million it will count slightly less than £10 million for this year in FFP terms I believe. It's the same reason Mike Ashley was giving out those long contracts when he was here.

I get that, but...

24 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's really naive imo like. Even on a Subconscious level players will know they can rest on their laurels for a long time and still get paid before needing to perform.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I get that, but...

True, especially as there is going to be such a log jam at certain positions. The ones that are salty about not playing enough will definitely start taking the piss.

I absolutely hate what they're doing, and I 'm rooting against them big time going forward. So glad we haven't gone down that road.

In actuality I'm dissapointed in Mudryk.

He's spent the last few weeks posting about Arsenal all the time and is now going over to Chelsea, I assume because they've thrown a bunch of money at him and his agent. Ridiculous guy.

Just now, 54 said:

Actually how good is Mudryk? I know he's got a good reputation and Shakhtar are playing hardball, but surely someone playing in the Ukrainian leagues isn't worth £100m?

He does look really good. Look back at some of his Champions League performances this season.

However, I hope it goes horribly wrong, and it ends up not working out for him at all.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

In actuality I'm dissapointed in Mudryk.

He's spent the last few weeks posting about Arsenal all the time and is now going over to Chelsea, I assume because they've thrown a bunch of money at him and his agent. Ridiculous guy.

All it took was Arsenal dithering a bit thinking that they had a free run at him and the vile twats swooped in to buy a player they didn't need, for a fee that's too much and wages that will no doubt be exorbitant. Arsenal will be seething no doubt which is kind of funny in it's own way. Hate Chelsea though, disgustingly run club.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He does look really good. Look back at some of his Champions League performances this season.

However, I hope it goes horribly wrong, and it ends up not working out for him at all.

It'll only go one way if he ends up at Chelsea. It's a graveyard for promising forward players these days

8 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

All it took was Arsenal dithering a bit thinking that they had a free run at him and the vile twats swooped in to buy a player they didn't need, for a fee that's too much and wages that will no doubt be exorbitant. Arsenal will be seething no doubt which is kind of funny in it's own way. Hate Chelsea though, disgustingly run club.

I think Arsenal have just been trying to negotiate a fair price to be honest.

I think Shakhtar became aware of Chelse's rank desperation and willingness to throw money away, and so they've been holding out for a deal with them instead.

Just now, KaKa said:

I think Arsenal have just been trying to negotiate a fair price to be honest.

I think Shakhtar became aware of Chelse's rank desperation and willingness to throw money away, and so they've been holding out for a deal with them instead.

Yep, smart move by Shaktar and any other club that has a player that Chelsea express an interest in. Just sit tight and wait for them to come along and overpay ridiculously. 

Chelsea are so dense like. It's amazing to watch. You see the relative success that clubs like us, Brighton (who utterly humiliated Chelsea in Potter's first game) and Arsenal have had this season, it's literally right there and quite obvious if you aren't thick as pig shit and pay attention. Chelsea will never ever learn.

A lot of the ingredients are basically identical...a clear plan, team spirit, good coaching, players who care and believe. Chelsea have none of that. They lose a game, they just go out and spend more. They're fucking idiotic.