Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Chucking loads of these players at Potter will not work, I reckon they need someone like Zidane to fuse them together

I don’t think there’s a manager in the world who could take a squad of wingers and wide forwards and get them winning on a regular basis. Just the most incoherent transfer policy going, cutting off their new manager at the legs so that daft Yank can play FM.

I’ve long since given up trying to work out how FFP works.

6 minutes ago, astraguy said:

I just dont understand ffp anymore,We have spent next to nowt in 15 years yet we have to be careful now??

We don’t. It’s just the club trying to play down expectations and keep prices lower for us than they would be knowing we had a lot to spend. 

8 minutes ago, astraguy said:

I just dont understand ffp anymore,We have spent next to nowt in 15 years yet we have to be careful now??

I think our issue is spending outside our means now could stop us from flexing our muscles later when we have loads of commercial deals etc in place. 

Surely there has to be some limit to Chelsea's spending and some limit to players' desire to joining their (hideously well paid) shit show? I mean they're completely shite, 10th in the league and they just come along and sign every player that other clubs want with what looks to be no thought to how it will work out, except to be seen to be flexing their financial muscles at every problem.

Badiashile, Felix and now seemingly Mudryk in the space of about a week after spending nearly a quarter billion in the summer. After Abramovich and the possibility they were all done as a big spending club, fair sickens the stomach like.

17 minutes ago, astraguy said:

More to do with levels of income comparatively to spending. Our income has been shit for years. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It's really naive imo like. Even on a Subconscious level players will know they can rest on their laurels for a long time and still get paid before needing to perform.

Wonder what the likes of Sterling thinks about all of these midfielders coming in? He probably thought he had a starting place locked down for the next 2-3 years.

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

He was desperate to go to Arsenal that lad wasn’t he :lol:.

Was liking social media photoshops of him in prison suggesting Shaktar by playing tough on the fee with Arsenal were taking his big chance away. 

Guess money talks.