Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Next season is going to be even harder to get top 4, big clubs not messing around this summer.

They weren’t messing about last summer either tbf.

let’s just wait until the window shuts before making any proclamations eh? I mean lest we forget Spurs apparently won the transfer window last season.

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1669798299920998400

Chelsea have agreed terms with Nicolas Jackson + intend to strike deal with Villarreal. €35m clause if needed. 21yo striker has committed #BHAFC rejected £60m #CFC Caicedo bid 2wks ago - Lavia, Kone, Tonali, Barella among alternatives

@TheAthleticFC

Lovely. Now Michi Batshuyai is out of contract they need a new striker to send on loan with high wages to Everton, Besiktas and Palace until 2029. They’ve found their perfect replacement.

11 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Next season is going to be even harder to get top 4, big clubs not messing around this summer.

We have the new UCL format for the 24-25 season, and so that means the top 5 from EPL will qualify next season (most likely). 

50 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Anybody else feeling a little aggrieved that PIF are buying Chelsea’s deadwood and not OUR deadwood?

I don’t know why they are overpaying for these players - could get them way cheaper 

20 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Why?

They were before last season and I think they're a lot better than that. Can see people like Palhinha, Ward-Prowse, Barnes and one or two others go there with the Rice money. If they get themselves a good striker as well they'll be very good. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They were before last season and I think they're a lot better than that. Can see people like Palhinha, Ward-Prowse, Barnes and one or two others go there with the Rice money. If they get themselves a good striker as well they'll be very good. 

Yeh hope they use the money well, only London based club I don't mind.

What went wrong this season?

Just now, BonesJones said:

No idea, can get freak seasons like that. Zouma and Aguerd is a good pairing, get 3-4 quality players and striker to accompany Bowen and Paqueta and they'll be dangerous. 

22 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I think it was a case of the goals drying up (18 less than the previous season) the Italian didn't work out and if Bowen didn't score they drew or lost I can see them having a decent season if the Rice money is well spent.

Think we’re a very small part of their overall plans, they want to improve their domestic league to add to legitimacy for their World Cup bid hence wanting to buy up Chelsea rejects.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Think we’re a very small part of their overall plans, they want to improve their domestic league to add to legitimacy for their World Cup bid hence wanting to buy up Chelsea rejects.

That and they own 60% of Chelsea in an around about way it would seem. Which seems a bit dubious ?