Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

As Arteta is a Pep clone, maybe it's a 3-2-4-1:

White - Saliba - Gabriel

Rice - Zinchenko

Saka - Odegaard - Havertz - Martinelli

Jesus

I don't know how much Havertz brings the attack, but Arsenal were five points ahead of Man City off the same games played when Saliba got injured. There were 11 games to go.

Rice will obviously improve them defensively and that's where the improvement needs to be. Their title challenge crumbled with them losing leads, not them failing to score.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t understand what he’s worried about? Players have gone to the highest payers forever. Kind of weird it’s an issue because it’s Saudi. 

Why are people trying to say its not weird? Is it some contrarian thing? Obviously this is all very weird. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Why are people trying to say its not weird? Is it some contrarian thing? Obviously this is all very weird. 

I would imagine it's because of the Saudi link to NUFC and people are trying to justify it now with other clubs before the funny business starts happening in Newcastle. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

45 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I would imagine it's because of the Saudi link to NUFC and people are trying to justify it now with other clubs before the funny business starts happening in Newcastle. :lol:

I tried to work it out the other day while I was washing the dishes & I'm sure it works out to about a 0.25% investment interest that PIF would have in Chelsea given their overall investment in Clearlake's portfolio & then Clearlakes ownership % in Chelsea.

PIF aren't suddenly stepping in to save Chelsea they're trying to build their own league. Didn't a couple of Spurs players end up going to China when that was originally kicking off with the big money? I can definitely remember Paulinho going & Oscar went from Chelsea at arguably the height of his Career for nearly £50m and a reported £400k per week, Ramires as well went from Chelsea for a daft amount too.

Edited by KDT

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Wonder if training under Pep is intense as fuck , which might make players more open to leave, especially after they've just won the treble? Not worth it sticking around, working thwt hard when youve just completed club football, basically

They don’t care for Manchester City. It doesn’t have a soul.  And if you want to go you can go. Bernardo has been on the verge of leaving for 3 years. 

I pray to God we never become like that. 

I can see Havertz replacing Xhaka in the starting XI. 

1 minute ago, KDT said:

…PIF aren't suddenly stepping in to save Chelsea they're trying to build their own league…

Yeah, the idea that this is specifically PIF looking to help Chelsea out doesn’t feel right. That doesn’t preclude dodgy dealings between Boehly and the Saudis behind the scenes though.

And that’s kinda the point. When nation-states like Qatar are essentially buying clubs, it’s messy as fuck with the potential for shady deals. Who am I kidding - “potential”. There are going to be shady deals. It all sucks.

Urgh. Didn’t want to be thinking about this this morning. Going to buy a puppy this weekend, so there’s that.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, the idea that this is specifically PIF looking to help Chelsea out doesn’t feel right. That doesn’t preclude dodgy dealings between Boehly and the Saudis behind the scenes though.

And that’s kinda the point. When nation-states like Qatar are essentially buying clubs, it’s messy as fuck with the potential for shady deals. Who am I kidding - “potential”. There are going to be shady deals. It all sucks.

Urgh. Didn’t want to be thinking about this this morning. Going to buy a puppy this weekend, so there’s that.

There's shady deals whenever big money individuals are involved, look even at teams like Wigan, Charlton & clubs who have gone bust like Bury because of not one but several incredibly dodgy ownerships.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I mentioned it elsewhere on the forum. Havertz is Balogun & ESR money. 

Where do you see Smith-Rowe going? Haven't they denied it repeatedly? I don't see them selling to any of the top 7/8.

20 minutes ago, KDT said:

Where do you see Smith-Rowe going? Haven't they denied it repeatedly? I don't see them selling to any of the top 7/8.

Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Brentford, Fulham if he’s lucky. Forest if he’s not.  

Arsenal need to balance the books and FFP. Havertz can play anywhere ESR can play, ESR has to leave. 

Bernardo Silva is a big loss to the game. I get choosing the money if you’re around 32 and looking at your last big contract, but Silva is nowhere near that yet. I suppose it’s just a job to a lot of players at the end of the day.