Other clubs' transfers

Greg

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

There’s some speculation that Szoboszlai’s blood is red too. Major tell there if true 

Also has a colour TV at home. Was never gonna be truly black & white.

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

Another masterpiece from Ryder.

That and the revelation he’s got a Steven Gerrard tattoo does explain why we never pressed ahead with this one. Will be interesting to see how he turns out in the division as many expressed doubts over him.

2 hours ago, Viana said:

Aston Villa looking to bin Lucas Digne off after only 18 months. 

We dodged a bullet there, unless it was another smokescreen. 

Lingard and Digne was January/summer 2022's Barnes & Maddison this window. Hopefully we dodge Barnes as well. If we do I'm sure there'll be people on here next year saying the same about them two as people are now saying about Lingard and Digne. Boring, mediocre PL experience on high wages, long contracts impossible to get rid of without massive losses in 1-2 years.

25 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Lingard and Digne was January/summer 2022's Barnes & Maddison this window. Hopefully we dodge Barnes as well. If we do I'm sure there'll be people on here next year saying the same about them two as people are now saying about Lingard and Digne. Boring, mediocre PL experience on high wages, long contracts impossible to get rid of without massive losses in 1-2 years.

Maddison and Barnes are both far more accomplished than Lingard and Digne, mind. I’ll be shocked if either is a dud.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Maddison and Barnes are both far more accomplished than Lingard and Digne, mind. I’ll be shocked if either is a dud.

Maddison you could argue but Digne and Lingard are both internationals with over 70 caps between them and a fair amount of European experience. Not sure why it hasnt gone well for Digne though. Glad we got neither. 

Its that elusive step up from a very good top half player, to very good asset in a CL chasing side.  I'm not sure Maddison or Barnes will prove up to it either. Maddison perhaps, we'll see but I was never convinced he was right for us. So many factors in it, its why we see players we've seen do well elsewhere in the PL often flop at the likes of Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal when they get that move.

41 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Maddison you could argue but Digne and Lingard are both internationals with over 70 caps between them and a fair amount of European experience. Not sure why it hasnt gone well for Digne though. Glad we got neither. 

Its that elusive step up from a very good top half player, to very good asset in a CL chasing side.  I'm not sure Maddison or Barnes will prove up to it either. Maddison perhaps, we'll see but I was never convinced he was right for us. So many factors in it, its why we see players we've seen do well elsewhere in the PL often flop at the likes of Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal when they get that move.

Fair. I’ll say Barnes has been more consistent recently than Lingard and Digne, and certainly in better form.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

:dowiespin:

Digne is still decent, he’s just not batshit attack minded like Moreno is, which is what Emery wants. 

Word on the street is we are after both Diaby and Brennan Johnson. It’s not one or the other. 

One weakness last season was we lacked a bit of pace. He seems to be addressing that. 

Have to say I am impressed with our owners. Expanding the ground, appointing Emery and putting in a whole new management structure with the likes of Monchi, who is phenomenally well regarded across Europe plus binning Purslow and bringing someone from the NBA to handle commercials, building a new academy next to the ground, investing in the youth scheme, plus making big money available for transfers. They’re going for it. 

Very much unlike Lerner they also realise the off field structure is vital. 

Don’t get the hype with Ekitike. They signed him, and he’s been crap, hence why they want rid. In a dominant side, in a tinpot league, he’s struggled and scored 3 goals in 25 games. Awful. Glad we missed out on him.