Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Telles to Saudi. Apparently over £5m fee as well. Was expecting £2m or less so that's nice.

£10m fee. :lol:

Not bad these PIF lads. 

Hojlund bid coming in. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Seems Diaby has said yes to Villa and Al-Nassr.

So maybe I'm just owld fashioned, or not up to speed, but I thought you had to have an offer submitted/accepted, or at least talks with the owning/selling club first, THEN the player, otherwise it was an illegal approach?

Seems now you make an offer/agreement with the player, and THEN approach the selling club to try and agree a transfer fee?

Amarite?

Edited by TK-421

11 hours ago, Newintoon said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12878348/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2023-premier-league-ins-and-outs

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/12878368/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2023-championship-ins-and-outs

I didn’t have a clue about some of these, Everton have let go 10 players and replaced them so far with

wait for it

Ashley Young on a free who must be about 53 by now 

Cardiff Out - Connor Wickham - Released

Bloody hell, had no idea he was still playing.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

@Froggy

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Going to be one hell of a title race if that's the prerequisite for a credible title challenge. Lots of teams involved.

Wouldn't be expecting a title challenge this season though. But would be nice to get close to City.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, there’s been a major switch up, at least in terms of the official line. That used to be called “tapping up” but maybe because they all do it now, they’ve accepted it 

Isn’t it more that you see the player is actually willing to join before you start submitting bids? 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Isn’t it more that you see the player is actually willing to join before you start submitting bids? 

Well sure, but that’s still a form of tapping up, you work out terms for them which you know will unsettle them at their club. They then go to their club and say “I want this otherwise I’m putting in a transfer request”. It puts the club who have the player in a much weaker position than just a simple “would this player be open to a move” discussion. We never used to hear about players having agreed personal terms with a buying club first before anything else 

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

Not a transfer story but damn this lad have been unlucky since signing for Chelsea.

Ouch. 2nd potential major knee injury? Unlikely to be the same player coming back from that.

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

Not a transfer story but damn this lad have been unlucky since signing for Chelsea.

Very sad - did he make a limited amount of appearances last season too?