Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

I thought we looked solid right across the back 4. Manquillo is dire as an attacking outlet though, and Yedlin will improve us tenfold in that.  Merino is a special player, does the hard yards with an obvious touch of guile to his game that is a rarity to have both qualities in this day and age. I was disappointed with Murphy and Perez but thought Ritchie and Joselu worked their socks off and looked dangerous too.

All in all a deserved 3 points and a professional away from home performance. Had Rafa written all over it.

Lascelles MOTM for the big incidents, but Merino the best player on the park. Joselu did well again, as did the other lads at the back.

On that evidence, we can tick Swansea off as a team who'll finish below us.

Exactly this. We must be looking at them saying "right lads, we finish above them".

I wonder if Sanches rear-end 'tackle' will get analysed much, doubt it, but he'll be a good player for them when/if he adjusts.

If there'd been no goals in the game I'd give Fabianski MOM just for that save, I was halfway out of my seat celebrating when his fingers fucked that right up.

Think Hayden took quite a knock in the first half and never really got into it after that, my concern is he's a bit soft overall because otherwise he is a canny footballer. Murphy was a bit of a damp squib but hopefully he's still bedding in. Neverthless Atsu looked better from the moment he got on.

Lascelles, champion. You need players like that even if they're not the best. His heart more than makes up for the odd rick imo. Was a bit annoyed to read the shit he was getting a couple of weeks back for not being good enough, his leadership qualities alone help on the pitch. Fantastic today.

Scrappy kind of game though, too open for Rafa's liking would be my guess. But we're ahead of Arsenal, Everton and Southampton. I'll take that all day long - for now.

TLDR.

PS: Fuck off Ashley.

Paco. (5live)

we are very happy with the performance, team has done a massive good performance. Lacelles has done the perfect game.

We were in touch with Rafa quite often during game.

the team needs time to settle down, team now working the way we want. we just have to continue, like last season.

Great result. Some good performances. Got more comfortable as the game went on as they wore themselves out. Elliot is crap mind. No command of his area. All in all though what a result.

Tbf, he made 2 or 3 decent saves when needed. Can't remember any dodgy kicks either.

Great result. Some good performances. Got more comfortable as the game went on as they wore themselves out. Elliot is crap mind. No command of his area. All in all though what a result.

Elliot is definitely a worry like, but fortunately the way Rafa sets us up we look solid as fuck defensively - only 3 conceded in 4 games so far.