Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

We won't make it easy for them, but City are so capable on an individual level that a system alone will struggle to stop them.

I can't see Blob not conceding at least once to 90 minutes of long-range City shooting either.

Recent quotes from Marca apparently via RAWK;

He said: “I have been very lucky in all the places I’ve gone.

“In Extremadura, Tenerife, Valencia, Naples… I have enjoyed good relations with the environment: fans and city.

“In some places more than others, but in England, in Liverpool and Newcastle, is where I most value.

“In the first club there was six years and many titles and my house is still there.

“Here they appreciate that I have stayed despite being in the second division.”

Eh, we're better at defending than most the premier league (prolly in the bottom half for scoring goals though). Still going to be 4 or 5 nil or something but doubt we'll be conceding more than everyone else.

Think I looked it up the other day. Although after only nine games, off the top of my head we had the 4th best defence (behind Man U, Man C and Spurs), and the 9th best attack. So not as bad as you would think. Agree though, can't see a Benitez side shipping four or five goals - there's me put the kybosh on it!  ;)

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez has refused to rule out managing the Spain national team one day.

"If I do well here, then maybe. If not, the national team won't happen," he told Marca.

"Let's see what happens in a few years. And the same in relation to Liverpool."

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez has refused to rule out managing the Spain national team one day.

"If I do well here, then maybe. If not, the national team won't happen," he told Marca.

"Let's see what happens in a few years. And the same in relation to Liverpool."

It's not the Spain bit that's the worry, it's the Liverpool bit.