Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

[emoji38] I definitely believe Benitez walked out of the dressing room to let Stevie G lead the half time team talk in a Champions League final like. That's definitely something that would have happened.

Yeah it just seems something that a control freak would allow to happen [emoji3]. Fucking no chance

:lol: I definitely believe Benitez walked out of the dressing room to let Stevie G lead the half time team talk in a Champions League final like. That's definitely something that would have happened.

Aye,

anyway Jamie Carragher tells a story which is quite the contrary, where Rafa is addressing the team tactically after having to take off Steve Finnan with an injury, putting Dietmar Hamann in his place on which would change the course of the game - and he actually sent Cisse out as well in the chaos of it all before realising he had sent 12 men back out.  :lol:

In "a" Champions League game, he asked Benitez to step outside for "a moment".

Basically it could be anything, even if there's any truth in it. But suddenly the press will have it as Stevie G conducting the whole of the CL final team talk. :lol:

I always thought Rafa was very stand offish with Gerrard when he was Liverpool manager, did he even agree to sell him at one stage ?, so the thought of him having any control over Rafa just seems ludicrous

I love Rafa but I think he messed up today. I won't criticise the starting eleven, but you could have dialled in a Diame substitution at 60 minutes before kickoff, and I think him tiring changed the momentum of the game in midfield leading to their goal.

Also concerning that he only gave Gayle a few minutes.

Can sort of understand the logic in keeping these away games tight and kind of shadow-boxing for the first half, but we always seem to concede between 45-75 mins and then only bother to pile on pressure when the opposition invite us to in the last 5-10 minutes. It's frustrating and I think a tiny, tiny bit more gung-ho attitude or willingness to be flexible on the formation at the right moments would see us get points more often.

I struggle to see why Diame is given a start. He doesn’t protect the ball well enough and we already have Perez who has the same fault. Put them in the same starting 11 and you have a problem. We have enough weaknesses without unnecessarily adding to them.

We really need at least 3 upgrades in January. It's unlikely we'd get a whole new strike force of the quality we need in January so I'd settle with one or the other, a keeper and a left-back which should see us comfortably safe this season, then look to improve the rest from the summer.

I struggle to see why Diame is given a start. He doesn’t protect the ball well enough and we already have Perez who has the same fault. Put them in the same starting 11 and you have a problem. We have enough weaknesses without unnecessarily adding to them.

Hayden had a minor injury problem.

Murphy woefully short of confidence, Perez being Perez, Diame being Diame, Joselu very little threat. Time to earn the big bucks Rafa. Mix it up. Tactics and/or personnel. Perhaps harsh if Hayden, Merino, Aarons and Gayle not fit but we can't continue to play Perez at 10 (the number of people on here who had this position as top transfer target--even in January) and not expect to get punished/fail to make the most of the limited opportunities we're going to have in the final third. Would love to see Mitro with Ritchie behind given a run out, with Atsu right and Aarons left; even if just in a training game. Ritchie has the energy, vision, strength and determination to play the 10 role and doesn't really have the speed or tricks of Aarons, Atsu or Murphy (albeit only surfaced in our shirt v Bradford...).

Fixtures wise we should do ok in November, but get the sense our luck has run out and lack of quality is showing through. Come on RB, summon up something special.

Hayden had a minor injury problem.

:banghead: