Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Media being mischief makers shock.

There's definitely an anti Klopp agenda beginning. I don't think it'll be for a while yet though, many teams with Champions League commitments suffer in their league form. There's always been an anti Newcastle agenda, especially with the London papers.. so this doesn't surprise me at all, undermines Klopp and also NUFC in one swoop of the pen.

The dippers are a sorry bunch though, if Rafa did return, in 2 years they'd be moaning about the lack of free flowing football. Stick the cunts with Joe Kinnear or Alan Pardew for a season and then they'll really have something to bitch about.

I don’t there is a manager in the world less-suited to International football than Rafa! He’s football-obsessed and loves coaching on the training ground so I can’t see him doing that! Maybe in 10 years time perhaps!

He’s going nowhere unless the fat wanker screws the sale-up!

This is like that time you hear your gf on the phone talking to her friend and mentions in passing she’s thought about her ex (Liverpool) and having a 3some with Brad Pitt and Mandingo (Spain job). Either you get all upset about it or continue the 3some fantasy yourself in private, choice is yours really.

:ben:

“I read in the press and heard people talking, but I am happy here. I am concentrating on this, I don’t like to talk about rumours,” he said in an upbeat press conference on Friday afternoon.

“The reality, obviously, is that my family is in Liverpool, but my past was Liverpool (football club). Everton is a great club. I’m not saying I’m interested, I’m saying I’m happy here and want to concentrate on Newcastle and try to do my best here.”

Hardly unequivocal. Wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by this time next week.

I read that exactly the opposite way. But then I’m choosing to be optimistic about everything right now because I feel we’re due some good times after years of Ashley, Pardew, Kinnear and the like.

Definitely reads like he’s ruling out Everton to me.

He won't leave in any case now. He basically got all he wanted once takeover is completed and new owners did give him funds (100M is realistic) to spend.  He is close to win the battle against the fat cunt, and he got total support from the fans.  He simply can't have a better environment elsewhere.

We just need the takeover to be done ASAP, confirming the amount Rafa can spend, let him do the scoutings, and fully focusing on cheering the team in match day.  Rafa would make everything ticked.

IF we get taken over and have new ambitious owners I’d be less devastated if Rafa left because I’d be confident we’d replace him with someone of a similar calibre. Don’t get me wrong, I’d hate to see him go because I genuinely love the man - he’s reignited my love for this club - but, one of the biggest fear factors is losing him under Ashley and seeing him replaced with David Moyes. That fear would be reduced if our new owners knew something about football and actually gave a shit about us.

That said, please don’t ever leave us Rafa.

Judging by his interview about Serie A, I think missing out on Reina was the one that really had him pissed off at Ashley.

If this takeover happens, he’d be a good bet for first in the door. Even if it doesn’t happen I still think we’ll be in for him