Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

i cant see how he plays his favourites tbh

he dropped his captain at the start of last season if you remember to give him a kick up the arse

what he does do however is continually play the players he can trust to do what he has asked them to do

as much as morons love mitro "coz he is radge" i dont think rafa will ever trust him to start him in the team and be there for 90 mins

look at wolves last season for example, yes he scored but was hauled off at half time because he was putting the whole team and game at risk.

That's the thing that annoys me to be honest, he's not even radge, he's just thick.  He doesn't absolutely lose it or anything, it's usually just crude fouls that he's never gona get away with and don't benefit the team at all.  If he went mental and choke slammed someone like Dele Alli or committed an outrageous chest high tackle on a dirty b****** like Cattermole then i'd genuinely love him "cos he's radge".  Getting pointless cards and snarling in the ref's face is just f***ing dumb.

aleksandar-mitrovic-dele-alli-referee-spurs-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Perfect choke slamming opportunity there  :)

It seems to be more than just the risk of a red. Shelvey can be a risk of a red too but he plays, brings more to the game I guess.

I'd say there's probably been some disagreement behind the scenes between Rafa and Mitro looking at Mitro's goal celebration last couple of times he's scored for us. It can't just be tactical for him not to be considered at all when we've had two strikers starting most games who look painfully ineffective.

I'm 42 and I've supported Newcastle for all that time and I've seen a lot of shite but enough good to keep me going. From Waddle, Gazza, Beardsley, Jim Smith, Keegan, Robson but I've never witnessed a manager that came from the best club in the world to keep us up, took us down, and then still stayed against all the pundits advice took us back up, job done time to leave, stayed and then when he wasn't happy with how the current owner was running us, went and found another one.

We are Rafa's final project he will stay until we win something and then build on that, I think he will go down in history as the best manager we have ever had, Valencia still have a whole room full of Rafa's trophys, I don't think we'll have that but I think his legacy will live on for many years to come 

Ultimately when it comes to Mitro v Joselu, I'm just going to say Rafa knows a lot more than me about the comparative merits and his full time job is to make it work. Even if on the surface it looks to me like Mitro is a better option than Joselu, how can I possibly know better.

He knows a lot more than all of us put together,let him do what he thinks best! I certainly wouldn’t start Mitro in this fixture