Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Proud to say that the fans showed a lot more football intelligence than the commentators and pundits tonight. While the Sky 'experts' spent the whole programme slagging Rafa's approach, our fans seemed to understand a lot better that we gave ourselves a great chance to take something from this game despite the massive gap in quality between the sides.

Indeed, maturity of the crowd was pleasing. Only real tantrums I saw was with regards to some of the players application, certainly not the approach.

Had a massive row with two blokes in the pub tonight, who I overhead making remarks of the "couldn't pick his fucking nose, useless Spanish bastard" sort.

"Too negative" apparently. Rather silly that he played it tight against a side who scuttled Liverpool 5-0, Watford 0-6 away, won at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge and haven't lost in the league all season.

Played it pretty well IMO. Tad uniucky not to nab a late point and I only would have started someone more mobile than Diame, my single criticism.

Had a massive row with two blokes in the pub tonight, who I overhead making remarks of the "couldn't pick his f***ing nose, useless Spanish b******" sort.

"Too negative" apparently. Rather silly that he played it tight against a side who scuttled Liverpool 5-0, Watford 0-6 away, won at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge and haven't lost in the league all season.

Played it pretty well IMO. Tad uniucky not to nab a late point and I only would have started someone more mobile than Diame, my single criticism.

Honestly hope you told them that they're c***s, know nowt about football, and deserve Pardew and Ashley. f***ing state of them. No idea why I'm getting so riled up about either.

Amazing that we nearly nicked a draw against a starting XI which cost nearly 9 times as much as ours, and who are blowing everyone away this season. There's not many managers who would get away with having us playing like that, but the fans trust and believe in him. Cheering every clearance and tackle

Amazing that we nearly nicked a draw against a starting XI which cost nearly 9 times as much as ours, and who are blowing everyone away this season. There's not many managers who would get away with having us playing like that, but the fans trust and believe in him. Cheering every clearance and tackle

TBF it was similar to the time they beat us 2-0 on the way to their first Prem title I think it was.

I've calmed down a bit from being in the stadium. At the time I thought the surrender was embarrassing, but I agree he was right to prioritise Brighton and we almost fluked an equaliser. Losing 1-0 to Man City with a weakened side looks good.

It's not like last night is the norm. We had a decent go at places like Man U & Chelsea and got picked off easily. Man City are a different species. Better than anything the league has seen imo yet we were right in the game until the very end. Not many sides can claim that.

Palace have an £80-90m front three and creative central midfielder to put against City on Sunday. Let's see how Hodgson approaches it and what the outcome is.

Was chuffed that people sang for him at the end like. The media need calling out on this bullshit about our fans too. Any football person with any sense understands why we are and we will remain with Benitez, we're loyal to those who are loyal to us. The ones who understand us, try to have a relationship with us and ultimately fight for us. The club is part of the community again and it looks like because of Rafa we might finally end the Ashley era. Honestly man, what utter cunts.

Basically Sky hate us for spoiling the televised thrashing by Man City, they clearly wanted.

:thup:

Stelling listing off games that Man City won in the dying minutes 'you can take the game to them'.. It still failed. :lol:

Charlie Nicholas on some irrelevant rant about him not making use of the 'twelfth man' of the fans? What does this even mean? From the TV it seemed the fans were more up for it  than I've heard in recent times.

Guest neesy111

Basically Sky hate us for spoiling the televised thrashing by Man City, they clearly wanted.

:thup:

Stelling listing off games that Man City won in the dying minutes 'you can take the game to them'.. It still failed. :lol:

Charlie Nicholas on some irrelevant rant about him not making use of the 'twelfth man' of the fans? What does this even mean? From the TV it seemed the fans were more up for it  than I've heard in recent times.

First 30 minutes they weren't.