Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

World class manager, maybe. Just not here IMO.

Great bloke, gets the club, city and fans. However, his football does not get the fans, city or club. Any other manager, we would be all over them.

For these reasons, s no reason to keep him. We are looking worse by the week, not better. He should be doing better.

Time to move on.

Fair enough, so who is your man to replace him?

If Rafa leaves while Ashley is still in charge, it'll probably be the climax of a course of events that means I fall out of love with this club. As such, I'll piss myself at the reactions of the people currently calling for his exit, when it dawns on them that Ashley's foregone the signing of a new player so he can invest in a top of the line pacemaker ready for Kinnear's return.

Great bloke, gets the club, city and fans. However, his football does not get the fans, city or club. Any other manager, we would be all over them.

For these reasons, s no reason to keep him. We are looking worse by the week, not better. He should be doing better.

Time to move on.

None of the anti Rafa lot ever answer that question. Odd.

Time to move on.

None of the anti Rafa lot ever answer that question. Odd.

Either people back up their argument with names, or just shut the fuck up.

So let's hear those names folks.

Time to move on.

Worst thing I’ve ever read, and I’ve read The Da Vinci Code.

Not one manager available could do anything with this squad. I'm amazed Rafa is still here. He's got a championship team taking points from premiership teams.

Loads of tossas calling for his head but can't give a better replacement. Says it all

It's probably fair to say he's hardly covering himself in glory this season, but he's still the most accomplished and decorated manager we've had in my lifetime. In spite of all the saviour stuff, I want to see him given a new board, some transparency, a proper budget and time to nit things together. He's already made great strides in improving the club on the whole since he's been here, he just isn't making things tick on the pitch at the moment. Mainly because the squad is fucking terrible.

It's probably fair to say he's hardly covering himself in glory this season, but he's still the most accomplished and decorated manager we've had in my lifetime. In spite of all the saviour stuff, I want to see him given a new board, some transparency, a proper budget and time to nit things together. He's already made great strides in improving the club on the whole since he's been here, he just isn't making things tick on the pitch at the moment. Mainly because the squad is f***ing terrible.

This right here should speak volumes about why he's the right person for us. In an era where the club has been rotten to the core, he's done a lot to initially unite the fans and bring some level of hope back to the city. Now after 3 months of his squad performing like he said they would before a ball was kicked this season, people are actually calling for him to be sacked. It's ridiculous. Most of the players he has wouldn't be getting a sniff of the first team if he was able to get his summer targets in.

He's our last best hope.

He leaves and takeover collapses,  This next 6 months is pivotal in the history of the club, We must support the guy.

This is not fifa where you can drop shelvey and bring in hayden because both their stats are 82.

We know as much as Lee Ryder in regards of who should be in the matchday squad.

We are organised shite.

Mike stays , Rafa leaves and whats the point .

I don't want him sacked, I still want him to be our manager, but I won't be surprised that he is heavily criticised nor I would spend any effort defending him.

In short, he has done a lot of things that do him no favour, and make himself fulnerable to critics. The handling of Mitrovic, the signings (if the player is that shit, why waste money?), Gamez Mbemba and Manquillo, 12m spent on a bench player instead of starting 11, persistence of Ritchie, suicidal 442, strange subs etc. He deserves the sticks. Rightly so. He is "failing" in the sense that he didn't really utilise all his resources on hand. Just he shouldn't be sacked due to no replacement and as some people said "his hand is tied".

It has been said last season already. A "world class manager", "top elite in Europe", should be better than this.

Hopefully he’s backed this window if not we are in deep trouble.

My support for him is unwavering as many have posted context is king. I just hope the doubters bare in mind we are In profit for transfer under him, yes we haven’t spent a penny under his watch and he’s doing his absolutely best the man is a perfectionist who analyses everything.

I fully appreciate the style is pretty dreadful right now but we are working in a division which continues to move forward teams investing vast sums year after year where as we continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel and have done for the ten years. We can’t and won’t be successful until this changes and there is nothing Rafa or anyone else can do to change that.

Time to move on.

Worst thing I’ve ever read, and I’ve read The Da Vinci Code.

:lol: raised a welcome laugh. Thank you.

Apparently the switch in formation was down to long-term fitness levels. The fitness team looked at the stats and concluded that if we played the way we were playing at the beginning of the season for the whole year, that the players would all be knackered by about now.

Guest reefatoon

Apparently the switch in formation was down to long-term fitness levels. The fitness team looked at the stats and concluded that if we played the way we were playing at the beginning of the season for the whole year, that the players would all be knackered by about now.

Well they have had 2 months rest now so let's switch it back.

Well that’s a daft move as we’d arguably have more points, more breathing space and a transfer window to put it right.

God forbid these little darlings ever go on a cup run or Europe. Think pardew has something to say about Europe and fitness one time, maybe someone can remind me? ;)