Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It would be one of the most incredible things in club history ever if Rafa Benitez is still at the club at the end of the 16 months left on his contract. Sadly I just can't see it. I suppose therefore I should enjoy having a competent manager while it lasts.

Hopefully Rafa will keep a squad chock full of Championship players up this season. He's blatantly not going to get any investment. Mike Ashley is done with the club altogether now, much like Randy Lerner was at Villa and like Ellis Short down the road at the mackems.

Thankfully there are a lot of poor sides in the lower reaches of the PL again this season, and our GD remains reasonably OK. We've shown enough glimpses to suggest we'll scrape by but screwed up a few home games. It'll be touch-and-go, and I don't think we have the quality to make it to 40 points. Maybe high-30s and a decent GD will be good enough.

Even if we stay up and Rafa still leaves, though, we will again have missed a huge chance to move on and improve as a club. Our first chance, it feels, in quite a few years. It's all a bit depressing really.

Guest neesy111

Give this guy some money ffs, I'm certain if we signed 2 ok premier league players then we will stay up this season.  The shape and tactics are there especially away from home.

In The Times today they reckon Ashley is going to offer him a contract extension. :lol:

Who wrote that?

Mike: Rafa walked away from a huge offer

Our fans: Rafa is dead to us, Judas, get Pardew back

Think it’s an indication that he’s willing to sell to PCP, or at the very least wanting to give that impression.

:serious:

I'm lost here.

So Rafa is valued so highly by the motley crew that run us that they want to extend his stay..Yet they have failed to show any signs of backing him in consecutive transfer windows, and relationships have seemed strained between them for months.

The proposed new owners planning a takeover have openly said he is the man for them and him staying is an integral part of any potential deal...

The goons who run us currently are either Machiavellian geniuses or inept fuckwits: I'm getting baffled by the whole bloody lot of it.

:serious:

I'm lost here.

So Rafa is valued so highly by the motley crew that run us that they want to extend his stay..Yet they have failed to show any signs of backing him in consecutive transfer windows, and relationships have seemed strained between them for months.

The proposed new owners planning a takeover have openly said he is the man for them and him staying is an integral part of any potential deal...

The goons who run us currently are either Machiavellian geniuses or inept fuckwits: I'm getting baffled by the whole bloody lot of it.

It’s all bullshit and they know it. They’re all just laughing at us.

Can't see why he'd sign any new deal anyway, so the whole prospect is moot.

I could see him signing one without the reported resignation penalty.  It would give him a bit more leverage not having that clause in play.

How do we get past this like (I know he's the owner, can do what he likes etc.) but at the very least why are people so prepared just to turn up and get laughed at. I know people go to the games for all sorts of reasons and of course I respect people for paying their hard earned to go but the guy just takes the piss month after month. There ought to be a reckoning, however impotent it may be.

I could see him signing one without the reported resignation penalty.  It would give him a bit more leverage not having that clause in play.

Yeah I was discounting the possibility of the club offering that out of hand.

Yeah I was discounting the possibility of the club offering that out of hand.

Much smaller print increasing it to £12m is more likely.

How do we get past this like (I know he's the owner, can do what he likes etc.) but at the very least why are people so prepared just to turn up and get laughed at. I know people go to the games for all sorts of reasons and of course I respect people for paying their hard earned to go but the guy just takes the p*ss month after month. There ought to be a reckoning, however impotent it may be.

Rafael Benítez.