Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If only we could hound the fekin life out of Fat Ash till he left . It would undoubtedly cement our bond with Rafa even further . Imagine forcing that tw&t out and having Rafa commit to another 10 years man through fan power ! Wish we had a more proactive fan base .

There's nothing a sniper rifle won't sort out

If only we could hound the fekin life out of Fat Ash till he left . It would undoubtedly cement our bond with Rafa even further . Imagine forcing that tw&t out and having Rafa commit to another 10 years man through fan power ! Wish we had a more proactive fan base .

When was the last time (in this country anyway) any owner of a reasonably sized club, let's say the top two divisions, was 'hounded out'? It doesn't happen. Our fanbase is no different to anywhere else, in terms of being more or less proactive.

You've had Glazer's making enourmous profit from Man Utd, Venky's relegating Blackburn to League One, Tan changing the strip and (attempting) name at Cardiff, all the crazies at Leeds. Nobody gets 'hounded out'.

Favourites to go down is utter nonsense imo. Don't people remember last season at all?

West Ham/Everton & the likes spent a fortune last year iirc, and were no better off through poor management. I can't stand transfer windows, not for our lack of signings, but for the completely unjust and ridiculous pandemonium and pure petulance every time another team makes a signing. Fair enough both Everton & West Ham have upgraded managers since last time, but to claim we'll be one of the favourites to go down with a team consisting of one of the best managers in the league, one of the best captains, a rock solid defensive partnership, a great goalkeeper & brilliant midfield duo is just daft. These are the same people who with the signing of a decent striker would be talking about top fucking 8. Just 0 balance whatsoever.

I know we're all supposed to be being miserable here, but like fuck are we going down unless we lose Rafa, Shelvey & Lascelles in the next few weeks. We have every reason to be frustrated with how our club is ran, but turning that into we're going down is just wallowing in misery imo.

FWIW, I don't think we'll go down either, but that's purely down to us having one more season with Rafa at the helm. I think we would be in the Championship this season if he hadn't been in charge.

Liverpool were also heavily in debt and under financial pressure. The lenders appointed directors to the board (ex-BA guy IIRC) and effectively it was they who sold the club. I'm sure fan pressure helped, but lender pressure was key. We don't have that in our favour.

Favourites to go down is utter nonsense imo. Don't people remember last season at all?

West Ham/Everton & the likes spent a fortune last year iirc, and were no better off through poor management. I can't stand transfer windows, not for our lack of signings, but for the completely unjust and ridiculous pandemonium and pure petulance every time another team makes a signing. Fair enough both Everton & West Ham have upgraded managers since last time, but to claim we'll be one of the favourites to go down with a team consisting of one of the best managers in the league, one of the best captains, a rock solid defensive partnership, a great goalkeeper & brilliant midfield duo is just daft. These are the same people who with the signing of a decent striker would be talking about top fucking 8. Just 0 balance whatsoever.

I know we're all supposed to be being miserable here, but like fuck are we going down unless we lose Rafa, Shelvey & Lascelles in the next few weeks. We have every reason to be frustrated with how our club is ran, but turning that into we're going down is just wallowing in misery imo.

FWIW, I don't think we'll go down either, but that's purely down to us having one more season with Rafa at the helm. I think we would be in the Championship this season if he hadn't been in charge.

People saying it's nonsense want to remember we finished 10th on 44 points which is absolutely ludicrous to be honest. If we fail to complete with the teams that finished below us then that 44 can very easily become 34 and that's goodnight. It's very very finely balanced and with our squad depth being absolutely piss poor we are only and injury to Lascelles, Shelvey or a striker away from the drop for certain. We cannot sustain this model and expect to become an established Premier League team. Teams went down last year with players that are better than what we have in our squad

You could pick the best 2 players from a dozen sides and argue they would be in threat of being relegated.

Our reasoning for signing players should be that we are an ambitious club who wish improve each year, not because we are worried about relegation and not because other clubs will "over take" us. The latter is absolute tosh anyway, just as many clubs slit their own throat through poor transfers, as propel themselves up the league from good ones.

Eventually, we will get caught out with Fat Mike's tight arse tactics but not under Rafa and Ashley knows it.

Liverpool were also heavily in debt and under financial pressure. The lenders appointed directors to the board (ex-BA guy IIRC) and effectively it was they who sold the club. I'm sure fan pressure helped, but lender pressure was key. We don't have that in our favour.

that was my impression, if they'd been loaded and had the will to hang on doubtless they'd still be there

Anti-Ashley flag display could do wonders in front of live cameras though they'd be commiting sepukku after all their hard work - for the club would never let them display again.

Why is it though that Rangers and Liverpool can so effectively protest en-masse and Newcastle can't seem to. We're all historically working class ship yard cities.

Anti-Ashley flag display could do wonders in front of live cameras though they'd be commiting sepukku after all their hard work - for the club would never let them display again.

Why is it though that Rangers and Liverpool can so effectively protest en-masse and Newcastle can't seem to. We're all historically working class ship yard cities.

imo worthless opinion it's purely down to their history of sustained success, they know what the club has been and won't accept it being any less (or trying to be any less)

all we've got is support the team not the regime because we've never known anything but that being our reason for existence

imo worthless opinion it's purely down to their history of sustained success, they know what the club has been and won't accept it being any less (or trying to be any less)

all we've got is support the team not the regime because we've never known anything but that being our reason for existence

Wasn't the case in the late 80s and early 90s. Though the only thing I've been able to distil stuff from about that period is the old documentaries that the BBC have done which are on YouTube. United Supporters For Change group, boycotts, mass grief for the board.

Though that board actually turned up at games and lived in the city. Ashley doesn't and won't give a shit. But we should certainly at least try.

Wasn't the case in the late 80s and early 90s. Though the only thing I've been able to distil stuff from about that period is the old documentaries that the BBC have done which are on YouTube. United Supporters For Change group, boycotts, mass grief for the board.

Though that board actually turned up at games and lived in the city. Ashley doesn't and won't give a shit. But we should certainly at least try.

It got quite nasty against McKeag towards the end of his tenure, loads of protesting after the match behind the Milburn Stand and fans having to be dispersed by the Police.....I even ended up on the front of the Sunday Sun after one such event under the headline 'Faces of Hate' or something  :lol:. Even if he wasn't there, similar protests and the media coverage it would receive would definitely hurt Ashley, likewise attacking his stores in Newcastle.

I’m just going to enjoy the last season with him then walk away. Absolute joke.

This ^

Hoesntly the short sightedness of these idiots beggars belief - success breads ££££ which we know that's all they care about.  Give Rafa the money and watch the £££ roll in.  It's not even their ****ing money - it's the clubs !!

It got quite nasty against McKeag towards the end of his tenure, loads of protesting after the match behind the Milburn Stand and fans having to be dispersed by the Police.....I even ended up on the front of the Sunday Sun after one such protest. Even if he wasn't there, similar protests and the media coverage it would receive would definitely hurt Ashley, likewise attacking his stores in Newcastle.

It will take us being down at least one division to get anywhere near that imo. As long as we're circling the pl drain nothing happens. That's the contrast with the likes of Liverpool, for them not trying to compete for Europe minimum is unthinkable.

It will take us being down at least one division to get anywhere near that imo. As long as we're circling the pl drain nothing happens. That's the contrast with the likes of Liverpool, for them not trying to compete for Europe minimum is unthinkable.

We've got a manager of the highest order , the likes of whom we may never have again . If ever there was a time to make some kind of stand it has arrived . We just submissively let Rafa walk away then this club may never be as close to achieving it's true potential again

We've got a manager of the highest order , the likes of whom we may never have again . If ever there was a time to make some kind of stand it has arrived . We just submissively let Rafa walk away then this club may never be as close to achieving it's true potential again

Strap in.

Beginning of the end for Rafa here and of any chance of a functioning club.

Yep. Everyone needs to either walk away or actually fight back when Rafa leaves no matter how hard it may be. The club will be completely dead.

Do people have the energy left in them, to fight back? Im done with the club if Rafa walks.

Thats what Im thinking, I'm done. Hopefully something such as a fans group might have other ideas though.