Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

This was April 23rd

“I have not had any answers, so I want to know what their answers are. If I have the answers, then I can decide.”

To go from that, to his comments last week and this week in particular would suggest he’s happy enough to stay on.

Probably. He's just getting a legal expert to look through the contract. Uh-oh.

"Yes, it was positive because Lee he knows what I'm talking about and what I think. And I know what they think. So at least we can now move forward. It's not more or less 'confident', but it's more 'positive', because at least we're [my representatives and the club are] talking now.

"We don't have too much news. I can't say [when it will be done but] we'll have another meeting and then we'll talk about the future. We'll give the information if we're progressing or not."

I totally believe that they’ve had talks and Benitez has liked what he’s heard. I totally believe that he thinks it’s almost ready to sign a new deal and he’s genuinely bullish and optimistic.

Unfortunately I also know exactly what these cunts are like. They lie, they spin, they are duplicitous wankers who are just as capable of bringing it crashing down as soon as the last fan has left tomorrow. Last home game and no chance to protest and kick off if they fuck him off. I trust Benitez 100%, I don’t trust the cunts he works for at all and I never will.

This guy nailed it ?

I suppose when you break down exactly what he said there’s not really all that much to go on, I think we’re reading into his general mood. Far more upbeat than previous weeks.

Maybe it’s because of the game we’re about to play. Or maybe he’s finally been told things he wants to hear?

Or maybe it’s one week closer to the light at the end of the tunnel..

Guest Howaythetoon

Mike Ashley after relegation 2007/2008 - “Getting Alan in is the best decision I’ve ever made, he’s the future of this club.”

There has been no communication between Shearer and MA/the club following that statement.

Nothing!

I personally wouldn’t read anything into Rafa’s latest statements as a sign the two - club and manager - are close to some kind of mutual agreement leading to a new deal.

This is spun from Rafa and his camp based on both parties are now talking and that’s says it all really because the club have know Rafa’s plans, conditions and demands for months now and it’s all good and well the club getting back to him after all that time and basically saying OK, let’s talk, we like what we’re hearing. But it’s Charnley telling Rafa this and not the owner. Rafa knows this and he’s basically said OK, you like it, we are talking, this is good, it’s positive, now put your money where your mouth is because I ain’t budging.

The ball is firmly in the club’s court and Rafa is in total control here and he’s letting everyone know if nothing comes of this, then that’s their problem, not his. If after all this he doesn’t sign a new deal, what more proof do you need they can’t have been that happy with the plans otherwise they’d have never let him walk away.

And that’s what he will do if he doesn’t get what he wants, it’s now take it or leave it.

Wake up people if they were genuine and committed they’d have signed him up months ago, what’s to talk over or think about? For the club they are hoping Rafa will comprise on this and that and allow his emotions and relationship with the fans to make him sign up again regardless.

Not this time, call his bluff and see what happens. He’s off.

Charnley FFS :lol:

I’ve read your plans Rafa, this is mint, I love it, sorry it’s taken me so long to check it over and get back to you, but I had to look up a lot of words like ambition, success, professionalism and find out what they mean.

Rafa: So we are agreed then Lee, I await Mike’s approval, signature and confirmation. I’ll be around all evening after Fulham Away, see you then.

LC: No bother, leave it with me I’ll tell Mike I love your plans and we’ll be in touch.

10 years later....

Didn’t they do that with Shearer?

He’s off, fuck them, fuck that, fuck off.

This man is already an absolute legend already up here. I get why Keegan and Sir Bobby are rightfully considered legends here but this man has done wonders and considering what he has had to put up with, he just needs a proper statue to be built for him once Fat Mike f***s off. ok maybe a statue is a tad over the top but his ambition and drive for the cloob and city is amazing seeing he isn't a local lad or something. Hope he does stay but won't hold anything against him if he leaves

Rafa associated with NUFC makes me emotional. Defies logic. He’s literally only here because he wants what we want and we the fans have connected with him that only Valencia and Liverpool have. Again, makes me fucking emotional. Love our proper support.

He's definitely making more optimstic noises than previously.

If I was in his position, I would think that the most encouraging development is the emergence of Longstaff. I know it's putting pressure on young shoulders, but this lad can solve a few problems for us, and we can build a decent team around him.

It’s given me positivity. I really am wondering if he’ll walk out with a mic and tell the fans he’s signed tonight after the game. Mustn’t get my hopes up though, I’m a Newcastle fan and we aren’t allowed nice things.

I watched that and actually don’t get much of an impression that he!s closer to staying, possibly less to be honest.

Maybe people are jumping the gun saying his comments mean he will stay, but I don't know how anyone can read his comments and see it as a negative.

It’s given me positivity. I really am wondering if he’ll walk out with a mic and tell the fans he’s signed tonight after the game. Mustn’t get my hopes up though, I’m a Newcastle fan and we aren’t allowed nice things.

I know there is a lap of honour for the last home match, but it will be interesting if Benitez's body language is a final goodbye or its just another match for him.