Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It's not vendettas though, it's about trust. If he can't trust players to do the basics i.e being in position, not getting sent off, working hard etc, then he won't play them and it doesn't matter who you are. It's why certain players haven't played at times and they have noone to blame but themselves.

Totally agree, but just imo it doesn't apply to Mbemba or Gamez, both were far better at LB and yet can't in the team ahead of Manquillo who's awful. Mitro granted has lost Rafa's trust but the other two haven't (well unless something has gone on we don't know about, and i know Mbemba did last season but not this from his performances as limited as they were at LB).

Guest firetotheworks

It's not vendettas though, it's about trust. If he can't trust players to do the basics i.e being in position, not getting sent off, working hard etc, then he won't play them and it doesn't matter who you are. It's why certain players haven't played at times and they have noone to blame but themselves.

Manquillo can't do the basics though. Mbemba didn't put a foot wrong at LB imo.

Yeah, that's the one that stands out as odd tbf. Rafa must have his reasons, but in the case of Mbemba/Manquillo it's lost on me. With the likes of Colback, Shelvey, Mitrovic, Perez the potential reasons are a lot more obvious.

Yeah, I just felt really frustrated after the game.. but i really dont like his subs. Ofcourse i want him to manage our team at  games.. I just cant understand why he persists with playing Joselu when he clearly needs some rest or something..

I get that he doesnt trust mitro, but he really need to put him on in games like this

Yeah, I just felt really frustrated after the game.. but i really dont like his subs. Ofcourse i want him to manage our team at  games.. I just cant understand why he persists with playing Joselu when he clearly needs some rest or something..

I get that he doesnt trust mitro, but he really need to put him on in games like this

I mostly agree with all of that mate, and I was very frustrated after the game too. He's certainly not immune from criticism and I'm sure he wouldn't claim to be so. He'll get it right I think, but little things like persisting with favourites is always going to backfire when you have a squad so limited in quality as we have.

Exactly, and I feel that if his "stubborness" (is that even a word? Im not english) with playing his "favourites" players make us lose games. We have all the right in the world to critisise his desicions.

We were going route one before Joselu went off. I just couldn't understand sticking 2 small blokes up front with the subs.  Mitro was ideal for this game to come on. It was a terrible game between 2 terrible teams today. First half they were there for the taking. We need this takeover to happen otherwise we are in deep shit.

He's no where near immune from criticism as some would be believed.

That bright sunshine that shone out his arse is dimming dramatically. He's making poor decisions.

He doesn't get everything right, but ffs we're midtable with easily one of the worst squads in the league. People need to realise how bad we are and how little Rafa has to work with (and how insanely lucky we are to have him)

He's no where near immune from criticism as some would be believed.

That bright sunshine that shone out his arse is dimming dramatically. He's making poor decisions.

He doesn't get everything right, but ffs we're midtable with easily one of the worst squads in the league. People need to realise how bad we are and how little Rafa has to work with (and how insanely lucky we are to have him)

He's been let down with funds that's without a doubt but 8 of the starters he bought, and two who came on he also bought. Not his first choices obviously but still players he identified.

I think what frustrates more is the lack of real fluidity, it's boils down to whether that bothers you. I mean Brighton and Huddersfield play more attractive football imo but I'm not sure they'll finish above us (we need a striker badly next window or we're in for very tough time going into the new year). To be honest i don't really care as long as we have 3 teams below us by the end, and we are bought out in the meantime and the new owners go on to fund Rafa properly.

Give him proper money and we'll be much better and play much better stuff, saying that though he's made some baffling choices tactically and in team selections, then again don't all managers though.

The game should’ve been out of sight in the first half. Rafa got his tactics and game plan spot-on as usual but the players weren’t clinical enough and then the officials robbed us of a legitimate goal. To criticise Rafa after that is bullshit! It’s typical knee jerk stuff to say he should’ve done this or he should’ve played this guy. We have a world class manager who knows better than the lot of us. He was just as let down as we were by the players he selected and I’m sure he’ll react.