Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I think that people suggest Ritchie as an answer to our number 10 problem because he's so obviously not a winger. I'm sure he couldn't be worse than Perez and we do have two other wingers who could replace him. Seems a no brainer to try something different but I'm not convinced that Rafa thinks we need to make a change yet. Lose a few more and that might change.

Benitez has managed five home Premier League matches for Newcastle on a Saturday and won all five – indeed, the Spaniard has lost only one of his last 58 home Premier League matches on Saturday (W47 D10), losing 1-0 to Man Utd in March 2007.

Just look at him man.  :smitten:

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-02-at-14.10.20-752x440.png

:smitten:

I even love his backroom staff

Christ, to think we had that beans on toast eating triumvirate of Carver, Stone and Woodman as the King’s minions only a few years back. I still have to pinch myself that we’ve got Rafa now.

I am hopeful that this type of football is just getting the basics right and once we (hopefully) get a decent striker and number 10 we will kick on there have been a few games this season where we should have annihilated the opposition but Joselu has had his boots on the wrong feet and we havent been clinical. Just need this takeover to happen as soon as possible and get some quality in.

Better players will makes us far better to watch under Rafa obviously, but he is a cautious manager at times. We either accept it'll be grim in certain games as he's as calculating as Mourinho, but without the arrogant showing off nonsense when it comes to getting the right result.

Frankly i don't really care if we have a boring draw or away 1-0 win now and again. While i might not like the football in those games, we have a manager who is the opposite of the useless (Schteve) and downright classless bags of shite (snake salesman and Kebab), plus lasagna punched face.

Yeah the odd shit game now and again, I'll take it. We now have a class act who gets us, and wants to make this club great again. He gets it.

Rafa plays with 4 attackers primarily. Ours are: Ritchie, Perez, Atsu & Joselu.

That's a relegation battle attacking force.

4 league goals among them?

As an 11 we work well together... especially defensively. We have 5-6 players that are decent in the air and 2 players that can deliver great set-pieces.

If we could get a couple top 6-8 level players in the attacking roles, then we suddenly look a very handy team.

I was thinking about this the other day - if you think of Joselu and Perez as our front 2 can you remember a weaker pairing in terms of goal threat who got a run of games for us in the PL? Not sure I can, although I'm sure there are a fair few one-offs.

The 'good' thing about not signing a bunch of players in the summer means that we've had continuity, which has enabled/forced Rafa into creating an identity of boring organisedness that's tough to beat. We'll take that cos it's the only option. This will benefit us hugely if a takeover happens before January and we sign two or three maverick 75+'s (FIFA ratings).

I was thinking about this the other day - if you think of Joselu and Perez as our front 2 can you remember a weaker pairing in terms of goal threat who got a run of games for us in the PL? Not sure I can, although I'm sure there are a fair few one-offs.

Perez and Riviere under Carver. De Jong and Cisse under Pardew.

Shola and Lovenkrands after we sold Carroll.

I know one was a rookie and the other a likeable grafter, but we went a big chunk of the 00/01 season with nothing but Ameobi and Gallacher (and the odd cameo from Lua Lua...Cordone had already been frozen out the picture by then) after Shearer's injury and before Cort came back.