Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It's great Rafa is doing this but i fear his words will ultimately mean nothing. The fat man doesn't give a flying fuck and won't care one little bit what Rafa has to say.

Might unite the fans into action though, maybe?

It's great Rafa is doing this but i fear his words will ultimately mean nothing. The fat man doesn't give a flying fuck and won't care one little bit what Rafa has to say.

It’s almost certainly too late for this window anyway

Someone suggested sabotage towards the club and Rafa, seems pretty evident this may well be the case. Why Rafa hasn’t walked I just don’t know?

Because he'll owe them a significant amount of money if he breaks the contract. Only reason.

Yeah I don't get why people keep saying "why hasn't he left?"

Because he'll have to pay them £6m, that's why. Aside from him always honouring contracts, of course, but SIX MILLION QUID.

There's six million reasons why he'll stick out this season. It's not difficult to understand.

He’d win a constructive dismissal case easily. Especially with Ashley having previous

I've read a few people say this, but seriously, what would he get constructive dismissal for exactly?  All they've done is deprive him of transfer funds, and unless there's something in his contract promising him £xm each season, there's no constructive dismissal case to be had here.

They've treat him like shit by not backing him. It's disgusting. It's fucking suicidal from a business perspective. But I can't see where the constructive dismissal case is coming from. Here's some things you CAN claim constructive dismissal for:

A unilateral significant reduction of your salary, or the threat of a reduction

Being demoted without good reason

Allegations of poor performance which are unfounded

Disciplinary proceedings which are manifestly unreasonable

A complete change in the nature of your job

Harassing or bullying

Stress at work, that has not been properly addressed

Failing to make reasonable adjustments where you have a disability

Being forced to work in breach of health and safety laws

Sure, there's possibly more, but they're the common ones. Now you can immediately strike out all of them except "Harassing or bullying" and "Stress at work". But given that Rafa is being kept entirely in the dark, it's hard to say he's being harassed or bullied or put under stress. They're just ignoring him or refusing to give him money, as is sadly their right to do. Now I hate the cunt who owns our club as much as anyone and what he's doing to it is disgusting, but I really can't see how Rafa can walk and legitimately expect (he might get lucky, sure) that a court would back his constructive dismissal case. To walk he's got to be 90%+ sure that he'd win such a case because otherwise he's £6m down, and I can't see that certainty from my side.

What I love most about Rafa in this situation, is that you get the impression he would act in the same way if any other club was being purposefully neglected by their owner. Of course he and our fan base have grown great affinity, warmth and appreciation towards one another, but beyond that that I believe it hurts him to see a club (regardless of which) being used in such a way - such is his love for football.

I think even his efforts will likely be in vain where Mike Ashley is concerned, but however fruitless, there's something quite powerful & moving about a fan base, more united, more inspired than it has been in over a decade, standing behind a manager who simply won't act as a conductor of the lies and neglect, and is willing to stand with and for the fans he fully realises have suffered at the hands of this regime.

I really appreciate him. A sincere, intelligent and all too rare man.

It's the most bizarre agreement I've ever heard of. How the fuck could he owe them money? How does that appear in a contract?

Keegan had it in his contract, came out in the court case. Think every manager has had it. He doesn't want an asset walking away.

Did anyone see the nufc tv interview?

So awkward, the guy kept steering the questions away from what was happening off the pitch, Rafa kept going back to it..

Oh man, that should be an interesting watch.

Haha that's a brilliant interview.

NUFCTV: You got a good draw against Porto and defended really well. Now it just didnt quite seem to be the case.

Rafa: No we were poor in both games. The other day we were lucky to draw.

NUFCTV: Any positives to take?

Rafa: No.

It's not funny, dont know why Im laughing...