Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Edwards is a grade A muppet for posting that. What do people want him to do, sit at home and do fuck all? The man lives and breathes football and no other job on Europe worthy of him is available.

Think we’d all take the ridiculous money on offer while we waited for a decent project closer to home.

Only problem I have with this is that unfortunately a lot of the dippers who may actually have been on the fence will use it as justification for renewing their STs now.

'Ashley tried man, Rafa left for the money. What else could he do? Just get behind the lads.'

It's coming  :frantic:

Meh.

He's 59. Why not go to China, coin in £12m and then see what's happening this time next year? The Spain job could be going depending how well they do in Euro 2020. Two years to work on leading his country into a World Cup.

Aye, as if people are criticising him for it. :lol: Clearly a short term job until something better comes up, and he's £12m richer for it. Win-win.

Really didn't see this sequence of events happening  :kasper:

I was initially disappointed to see him become one of 'those' managers, as I thought he was better than that. But it says a lot that - after 3 years of Mike Ashley - the romantic, hopeful dreamer has decided to manage in China.

It seemed so out of character but he's been drained of all hope and optimism. What a waste, though!  :'(

Getting slated by some our fans for going to China, morons.

I reckon the reason he's not waiting around for new owners is because he knows the takeover is bullshit, which it will prove to be imo, dreadfully bad this.

China's a bizarre decision if there's truth in it, goes against almost everything I thought I knew about Benitez. He cares a lot about football and nobody out there gives the slightest stuff. I think he'll regret it within weeks and be back in Europe within months.

Thanks for posting that JH[/member]

Brilliantly written and utterly soul destroying. We almost had everything in place to be a proper club again and now it’s all crumbled. Sad.

Oh FFS no!  Just no!!

IF this happens Rafa's gone down a milli-step in my estimations.  Thought he'd be better than taking the Yuan. 

Means if takeover does happen (I know, I know!) then he'll not be coming back to us.  :(

Is this the sort of 'project' he wants?  Or just after the past 3yrs of shite he just wants a job where he'll have a degree of autonomy not afforded to him here.

He can’t just sit around waiting for a takeover to happen and the new owners might not appoint him as manager

Rafa’s gone

Oh, understand that... not the point I was making....  was hoping (dreaming) that he was waiting in the wings to come back to us.  If he does sign for this Chinese crew he's the type of gentleman that would honour his contract which means he wouldn't ditch them IF we got new owners and IF they wanted him.

Either he's sounded out new owners and been told he wasn't going to be wanted or the takeover is still long way off/pie in the sky.

Just been on Talkshite defending Rafa.

What did you say? Did you get any pushback from the usual morons on there?

I said that Darren Gough was talking bollocks in suggest we were a mid table side, and frankly Ashley had been a very easy ride by the media and had any sort of attention been raised to his mismanagement of the club, then its highly likely the cunt would have fucked off. I was cut off when I spoke about a boycott of his businesses as well as the club. I said he needed to be hit in the pocket to get him to fuck off.

Oh FFS no!  Just no!!

IF this happens Rafa's gone down a milli-step in my estimations.  Thought he'd be better than taking the Yuan. 

Means if takeover does happen (I know, I know!) then he'll not be coming back to us.  :(

Is this the sort of 'project' he wants?  Or just after the past 3yrs of shite he just wants a job where he'll have a degree of autonomy not afforded to him here.

He can’t just sit around waiting for a takeover to happen and the new owners might not appoint him as manager

Rafa’s gone

Oh, understand that... not the point I was making....  was hoping (dreaming) that he was waiting in the wings to come back to us.  If he does sign for this Chinese crew he's the type of gentleman that would honour his contract which means he wouldn't ditch them IF we got new owners and IF they wanted him.

Either he's sounded out new owners and been told he wasn't going to be wanted or the takeover is still long way off/pie in the sky.

Aye I see what you mean. It’s all just grim.

China's a bizarre decision if there's truth in it, goes against almost everything I thought I knew about Benitez. He cares a lot about football and nobody out there gives the slightest stuff. I think he'll regret it within weeks and be back in Europe within months.

3x the money to further set his family up for life whilst getting a break from a draining PL run with MA and his cronies giving him the run around. Maybe sitting out a 1-2 years whilst dust settles in the PL so he can return?

Oh FFS no!  Just no!!

Rafa’s gone

Aye I see what you mean. It’s all just grim.

Agree!  :blackeye:

Just been on Talkshite defending Rafa.

What did you say? Did you get any pushback from the usual morons on there?

I said that Darren Gough was talking bollocks in suggest we were a mid table side, and frankly Ashley had been a very easy ride by the media and had any sort of attention been raised to his mismanagement of the club, then its highly likely the cunt would have fucked off. I was cut off when I spoke about a boycott of his businesses as well as the club. I said he needed to be hit in the pocket to get him to fuck off.

Yeah they love a cut off if it doesn’t fit their agenda. Gough and Durham are cretins.

Well done for trying to get the message across.

3x the money to further set his family up for life whilst getting a break from a draining PL run with MA and his cronies giving him the run around. Maybe sitting out a 1-2 years whilst dust settles in the PL so he can return?

Aye, after us & Real Madrid this will be like a holiday for him. It’s something new for him and obviously obscenely well payed.

Getting slated by some our fans for going to China, morons.

I reckon the reason he's not waiting around for new owners is because he knows the takeover is bullshit, which it will prove to be imo, dreadfully bad this.

I'm a bit dissapointed in him tbf. I adored the man but he was building something good here. I wanted to see Almiron and Longstaff under him for a full season and I think top 10 was still a realistic goal for next season. Just seems a shame to chuck all what we had here away to go to some bad Chinese team.