Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Anybody else just think about this beautiful man and smile, thinking about how crazy it is that he's our manager?

Or is it just me who's weird?

Nar, i do the same.

It’s a ‘Love Goggles’ thing, me thinks. Embrace it chaps!

Anybody else just think about this beautiful man and smile, thinking about how crazy it is that he's our manager?

Or is it just me who's weird?

Told someone at work today that I love him like a second dad. :lol:

*Rafa, not the person at work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5613665/Newcastle-boss-Benitez-anxious-Chelsea-loanee-Kenedy-priced-permanent-move.html

Kenedy has been linked with Bayern Munich this week, and Benitez said: 'He has the the level to play in a top team, yes. But he is in a top side already! If we can get two or three with experience or more quality, he will be even better.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5613665/Newcastle-boss-Benitez-anxious-Chelsea-loanee-Kenedy-priced-permanent-move.html

Kenedy has been linked with Bayern Munich this week, and Benitez said: 'He has the the level to play in a top team, yes. But he is in a top side already! If we can get two or three with experience or more quality, he will be even better.'

Compare and contrast with Pardew. Just when I thought I couldn't love this bloke any more.  :rose:

He’s just brilliant!

I echo the above comments - it’s unbelievable that he is our manager under an owner like that wanker! I hope he’s here until he retires and I wouldn’t swap him for any manager in the world!

Love Rafa, but I've fallen for Ashley's lies on the run up to season ticket renewal for the past 2 years and, along with thousands of others, felt duped into parting with my money.

Despite the relative success we've had under Rafa, I won't be taking any future interest in NUFC until Fat Cash has fucked off and we've got an owner worthy of the club.

Shelvey;

“Rafa is very tactical.

“He’s a very detailed coach, yesterday he kept the four midfielders after training to do a passing thing where you’re looking over your shoulder to see if the opponent is coming.

“It was weird, he was using bibs up in the air and you had to shout out the colour of the bibs. It was something I’d never done before but you can tell it’s paying off.

“He pushes us every day. He’s always on to us in training about stepping up a gear, and you’d think being on 38 points it would come down a notch, but the tackles are still flying in and everyone still wants to win, which is good.

“I think he has been good for my career. He’s made me understand the game a lot better, and tactically. I owe that to him.”

Guest covmag

Shelvey;

“Rafa is very tactical.

“He’s a very detailed coach, yesterday he kept the four midfielders after training to do a passing thing where you’re looking over your shoulder to see if the opponent is coming.

“It was weird, he was using bibs up in the air and you had to shout out the colour of the bibs. It was something I’d never done before but you can tell it’s paying off.

“He pushes us every day. He’s always on to us in training about stepping up a gear, and you’d think being on 38 points it would come down a notch, but the tackles are still flying in and everyone still wants to win, which is good.

“I think he has been good for my career. He’s made me understand the game a lot better, and tactically. I owe that to him.”

isn't he lush

The 56-year-old Spaniard has revealed he believes he is just at the beginning of his project in the north-east,

:smitten:

That said don't think he will stand for being screwed around in transfer windows for long. We need to be taken over.

That is incredible from Rafa. He knows we aren't Bayern but also knows the massive potential of what he's involved in.