Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

@OptaDave -

737 - HTTs previous posts continue his form as poster with most lengthy replies in all threads since 2004-05. Concise.

:lol:

:lol:

Seeing those drop after reading Caulkin’s bit was pure Seinfeld gif.

Any manager would be daft to take the Arsenal job. It would be exactly like the Fergie hangover at Man Utd.

Except Arsenal have been under-performing for years.

And Rafa is good enough and experienced enough to handle it. Man Utd's problem was that Moyes is pretty shit.

Man U in Fergie's last season looked on course for a record points total or league-winning margin, I can't remember which, but it was all on the back of last-gasp winners by players in decline, Van Persie, Rooney, etc. or randoms like Macheda. They hadn't been controlling games, which is the most sustainable way to get long-term success. I think it was a bit of a poisoned chalice, and not just with Fergie sitting up there in the stand.

Arsenal must have low expectations by now and look like a semi-randomly thrown together group of expensive players. You would think a new coach could improve them by better coaching and/or signing players to improve the most glaring weaknesses, which as Vidic said the other day are mostly at the back. They have conceded more goals this season than us.

Guest The Little Waster

If Rafa doesnt get £ to spend in the summer then Arsenal is the perfect destination for him . I will bear him no ill will when he goes

If Rafa doesnt get £ to spend in the summer then Arsenal is the perfect destination for him . I will bear him no ill will when he goes

Yeah, would be an honour to see him in the Arsenal dugout.

Arsenal isn't the perfect destination for him at all. For one, he'd get no leeway whatsoever with the fans if he were to start badly. Arsenal need a younger man with an extended vision of where he wants to take the club, preferably for them, one who will get the leeway. Vieira , for me, stands out a mile.

He couldn't have spelled it out more clearly, he wants to stay and continue building the club, but he's a world class manager who needs to know he's managing a club with some ambition - and we aren't talking about a whole load of ambition either, it's not like he expects us to be challenging for CL places.

Find it very interesting that, that's the official club twitter quoting those soundbites.

Exactly what i was thinking as well.

If Ashley doesn't back Rafa this summer and Rafa ends up leaving, it'll be the biggest fuck up of them all from him.