Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa is a brilliant manager, problem is, there is only so much you can get out of a squad with limited ability, and there was always going to be times this season when the inevitable happened, and that happened last week and is happening today. We have essentially a championship squad with the odd decent player in there.

Rafa is a brilliant manager, problem is, there is only so much you can get out of a squad Rafa has build half of with limited ability, and there was always going to be times this season when the inevitable happened, and that happened last week and is happening today. We have essentially a championship squad with the odd decent player in there.

Big picture much of what he's doing at the moment doesn't really matter. Club either gets sold and 90% of the squad will be replaced or else the takeover falls through and Rafa will be off.

He does absolutely deserve a lot of criticism for his selections of late though, he clearly plays favourites and it's a worrying sign for the future. Does seem that the Spanish lads in particular get more slack than most. Starting Joselu and Manquillo is no different to when Pardew and Carver were playing the likes of Colback and Shola ahead of better options, very disappointing.

I expected this season to be hard, a struggle at times, i'm sure most did. But I also expected us to be well-drilled, hard to beat especially at home. Not pushovers. Not sloppy s**** all over the place defending, constantly giving away avoidable goals with rubbish players always in the team regardless of prior performance.

Today, I can't even fathom the decision to not make half-time changes. Even if it's "not what Rafa does", a blind bloke could see we were just going to continue to struggle and concede more. Fantastic bloke, top manager and he's been f***ed over by the summers "investment" but he doesn't half make some odd decisions on match day. the persistence with Manquillo and Hoss-a-fuckin-loo is barmy.

Even the best managers go through shite patches. I think he's a good game day manager, tbh, but he has absolute stinkers from time-to-time.

But the last few weeks have been poor from him. This squad needs a competitive edge and his management has totally hindered that - Mbemba and Mitrovic issues in particular. Players are getting away with shite performances week after week when there are equal alternatives for him to try.

I still think we'll be fine and our true form is somewhere between the great run we had and this shite one, but he has to start taking action.

Our record without Lascelles this season doesn't look too clever...

Even the best managers go through shite patches. I think he's a good game day manager, tbh, but he has absolute stinkers from time-to-time.

But the last few weeks have been poor from him. This squad needs a competitive edge and his management has totally hindered that - Mbemba and Mitrovic issues in particular. Players are getting away with shite performances week after week when there are equal alternatives for him to try.

I still think we'll be fine and our true form is somewhere between the great run we had and this shite one, but he has to start taking action.

I don't think we look that solid with Lascelles in the team either. We always look like we've got a mistake waiting to happen. I don't agree with Rafa's decision to stick with Joselu, but we are getting beat for the most part because we have very few quality players.

It's almost safe to openly criticise the guy, I can't wait. Not impressed.

Rafa has his faults & should not be above criticism but there is only so much he can do with this lot.

Indeed. Picking Joselu and Manquillo and making Elliott number 1 goalkeeper however were not great ideas though.

Even the best managers go through s**** patches. I think he's a good game day manager, tbh, but he has absolute stinkers from time-to-time.

But the last few weeks have been poor from him. This squad needs a competitive edge and his management has totally hindered that - Mbemba and Mitrovic issues in particular. Players are getting away with s**** performances week after week when there are equal alternatives for him to try.

I still think we'll be fine and our true form is somewhere between the great run we had and this s**** one, but he has to start taking action.

I don't think we look that solid with Lascelles in the team either. We always look like we've got a mistake waiting to happen. I don't agree with Rafa's decision to stick with Joselu, but we are getting beat for the most part because we have very few quality players.

Err I think our defensive record with Lascelles in the team is markedly better for a reason.

Rafa has his faults & should not be above criticism but there is only so much he can do with this lot.

Indeed. Picking Joselu and Manquillo and making Elliott number 1 goalkeeper however were not great ideas though.

Not sure that was his fault as Ashley wouldn't let us buy a GK. It was always either Blob or Darlow, much of a muchness them two like.

Not sure that was his fault as Ashley wouldn't let us buy a GK. It was always either Blob or Darlow, much of a muchness them two like.

Krul.

Guest neesy111

The GK they bought last season was absolutely hopeless.