Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Ancelotti is great at managing great players. I don't think he'd do much with this squad bar maybe boost their morale a bit

Great at managing great players as well, not championship players that we have. Doubt we can get much more out of them. I honestly think with a PL standard keeper we'd be nowhere near where we are now

Which beggars the question why get rid of Krul? Not the best but a darn sight better than the two we have.

I don't really know, can only assume injuries absolutely crippled him. Its one of the weirdest declines I think I've ever seen in a player

Was saying the same thing yesterday. Can't recall off the top of my head seeing a player in their 20's decline like he has over the span of 3 years.

Geordiedean, when Rafa keeps telling the fanbase to be united he's literally directing it at divvies like you.

Seems hard to believe that at one time none of us would believe a world class manager would agree to come to Newcastle during a relegation battle. Now we've got fans talking about replacing him with Ancelotti. The top managers across the globe are all lining up to work for these delusional fans.

I don't feel that sorry for him. It's not charity work he's doing after all.

Seconded. Yes lets all feel sorry for someone earning millions of pounds and living a life of luxury.

Rafa will know that even with a decent spend in January hes more than likely not going to end up with a squad as good as the one he couldn't save from Relegation 2 years ago

This is a squad that has no Townsend,Janmaat,Wijnaldum,Sissoko,Cisse or Tiote

Theres 6 players that would instantly walk into our 11. I really don't know who people are expecting or wanting us to sign next month but we are going to need at least 6 IMO and in January that just doesn't happen

He couldn't save a bunch of players that had all the confidence sapped out of them by a clown of a manager, he couldn't save a team in a downward spiral with only a few games left to turn it around. That is in no way equivalent to what he has right now. Had he have had a few more games that season we would have stayed up, he doesn't need to find his feet, he needs a few players to fit into what hes trying to do here.

Ancelotti is great at managing great players. I don't think he'd do much with this squad bar maybe boost their morale a bit

Great at managing great players as well, not championship players that we have. Doubt we can get much more out of them. I honestly think with a PL standard keeper we'd be nowhere near where we are now

Which beggars the question why get rid of Krul? Not the best but a darn sight better than the two we have.

I don't really know, can only assume injuries absolutely crippled him. Its one of the weirdest declines I think I've ever seen in a player

Was saying the same thing yesterday. Can't recall off the top of my head seeing a player in their 20's decline like he has over the span of 3 years.

It's strange, like.  He looked like he was going to develop into a top class keeper and then for no real reason just seemed to start going downhill and never stopped.  Maybe the injuries played a part, maybe he'd just been here too long and had lost some motivation and determination.  Whatever happened I hope he gets his career back on track, he seems like a really nice lad and obviously loves the city and the area.

Guest firetotheworks

I see old Hairy Hands (Richard Keys) has been sticking the boot in to Rafa;

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-keys-astonishing-attack-benitez-14058890

What an arsehole.

It's all part of his British Proper Football Man agenda, that he's promoting from his well-known British city, Qatar.

Honestly, I struggle to understand the relevance of Richard Keys at all tbh. He's a TV presenter without any background in football and a long, well-established career of talking pure unmitigated horseshit.