Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Still think he can turn it around if they give him the chance to. :lol: I can't help it, the relationship might be a waste of time, but I still think he's an excellent manager.

Still wouldn't have him here though, that ship has sailed now and I don't think he'd get the patience he was afforded previously.

49 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Wow didn't realise it was 1 win in his last 13 in the league.

Worst form out of any of the 92 english league sides since the end of October iirc. 

It's mad that so many think the answer to our problems is to replace Howe with someone doing worse than him with a better side. 

All this stuff about we'd be guaranteed to have a proper gameplan and be hard to beat etc. Has nobody watched Everton this season? It genuinely looks like he's trying to relegate them, the tactics and team selections have been woeful. 

Funnily enough, I think Rafa would be a superb DoF.  He wouldn’t take the job mind - and Howe would probably be unhappy that a replacement is sat staring at him from the stands.

It would be like Pardew and Kinnear, only with competent people involved. 

So anyone who wants a manager who comfortably kept us up with very limited resources, was loved by the fans, and improved all our shit players (who’ve all pretty much regressed since he left) back is a lunatic?

Jesus. I can understand why you would want rafa back at the moment, but there are plenty of reason why we’d take him back, too. If he had more than ten games to get the shit together back in 2016, we would have stayed up for sure. We were playing pretty well those last 6 games or so we were unbeaten, too.

Personally, if Howe was to prove not to be good enough and send us down with a whimper, I’d have him back in the summer.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Hope they give it to Big Dunc until the end of the season, he might actually take them down :fwap: 

Weird considering how short a time he was with us and the fact I was ten years old but I don't want Big Dunc to fail. Strange one when I'd love Everton to implode. :lol:

I love Rafa but I've decided we'd be just as fucked with him.

Half the squad came out spaffing themselves silly over Bruce's appointment. I wonder if he'd have the effect the second time around, especially after his last two roles taking the sheen off his previous achievements. 

3 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

So anyone who wants a manager who comfortably kept us up with very limited resources, was loved by the fans, and improved all our shit players (who’ve all pretty much regressed since he left) back is a lunatic?

Jesus. I can understand why you would want rafa back at the moment, but there are plenty of reason why we’d take him back, too. If he had more than ten games to get the shit together back in 2016, we would have stayed up for sure. We were playing pretty well those last 6 games or so we were unbeaten, too.

Personally, if Howe was to prove not to be good enough and send us down with a whimper, I’d have him back in the summer.

I’m not going to support the lunatic claim. However…

- He didn’t keep us up when he joined. He had less time of course, but a far better squad. 
- Bruce also kept us up comfortably and nobody would argue keeping him would have been a lunatic move. 
- He’s going to be sacked from having an absolute stinker at his latest club. 

As I’ve said before I get the logic for the Championship but getting a man in who failed to keep us up for the purpose of keeping us up just seems silly and desperate. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Maybe Digne going because of Rafa was just a convenient story to cover the fact he wanted to go because, well, Everton :dontknow: 

I dunno man, his leaving statement says otherwise 

I’m caught in the middle ground of being sympathetic because it’s Rafa, and also shaking my head thinking ‘he’d have to be fucking daft to think this would go well.  And he’s done a shite job there regardless of other factors’

We’re not looking for a manager, so any thoughts of his return are moot at this point.  And I’m not especially convinced it would work in any case. 

I would personally give Howe until next month after our signings are finished if there is no improvement we have to get Rafa in and start from fresh with the intention of rebuilding in the Championship with him if we do go down.

14 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I’m not going to support the lunatic claim. However…

- He didn’t keep us up when he joined. He had less time of course, but a far better squad. 
- Bruce also kept us up comfortably and nobody would argue keeping him would have been a lunatic move. 
- He’s going to be sacked from having an absolute stinker at his latest club. 

As I’ve said before I get the logic for the Championship but getting a man in who failed to keep us up for the purpose of keeping us up just seems silly and desperate. [emoji38]

Crazy post. We got 12 points from our last 6 games under Rafa when we went down. He made a huge impact. It just wasn’t enough to undo McClaren’s tidal wave of damage. 

Edited by Ronaldo

I quite like the thought of Rafa being single though.

Waiting in the wings to put a bit of pressure on Howe, knowing Rafa could get a call any minute to save our season.

Maybe I’m fantasising a bit too much, but hopefully it’ll be a bit of a kick up the arse for Howe.