Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't you's remember how many years it took him to sack Pardew?  :lol: A few weeks bad form is nothing compared to what he put up with off McClaren and Pardew.

Not that I think it would happen but his reasons for dismissing Rafa would be completely different from any previous sacking tbh. He'd probably quite like Rafa to be gone if Ashley was sticking around.

Their relationship is not, nor would it ever be, sustainable.

The only reason Rafa is still here is because of the takeover talks. On both sides. Rafa staying because of what we could be, MA keeping him because he's a hugely valuable asset to any potential buyer.

If MA changes his mind, Rafa will be down the road. Just a question of which one blinks first.....

I see what you're saying, but the only reason that eventuality would be the case is out of pure spite. There's no benefit to his business position by letting go NUFC's biggest and most important asset. I'd personally say the club would be worth 10s of millions of pounds less and be far less attractive if the manager wasn't there. I know you can't put it past Ashley to act out of pure spite, but if I had to guess, I'd say the chances of him sacking Rafa this season are extremely slim.

I think you're underestimating how spiteful he can be, and also how much of his actions at this club are driven by spite.

What benefit to his business was hiring Joe Kinnear?! Sacking Hughton when he did to replace him with a muppet fired from League 1? Leaving Carver in charge? None, the only aim was to make things miserable for us in my opinion.

Rafa is always in a much stronger position when he makes these points when the team is doing well rather than when they aren't. Otherwise it looks like he's trying to distract from a poor run of results, which he might well be doing. But he's probably right.

I'm not sure what the longest run of defeats is for one of his sides but he must be near it. I don't remember any bad runs when he was with us, or elsewhere. But he's hardly dealing with the same calibre of players.

This is a genuine test for him now. He's overcome a couple in charge of you. Can he do it again? I love him to bits but I'm not sure a moan about Ashley right at this juncture is entirely in his best interests, even if it suits the club and takeover, because it will draw fire. Not that he's ever given a fuck about that  :D

Rafa is always in a much stronger position when he makes these points when the team is doing well rather than when they aren't. Otherwise it looks like he's trying to distract from a poor run of results, which he might well be doing. But he's probably right.

I'm not sure what the longest run of defeats is for one of his sides but he must be near it. I don't remember any bad runs when he was with us, or elsewhere. But he's hardly dealing with the same calibre of players.

This is a genuine test for him now. He's overcome a couple in charge of you. Can he do it again? I love him to bits but I'm not sure a moan about Ashley right at this juncture is entirely in his best interests, even if it suits the club and takeover, because it will draw fire. Not that he's ever given a fuck about that  :D

A large part of it is directed to the supporters, especially the ones calling out the team and abusing them on social media, and also to fans booing the team after the defeat to Watford. He repeatedly mentions the need to stick together and support the team.

I just get this feeling that something else is up, theres none of the smiling/joviality that was present recently. Maybe it's just me being pessimistic because of this club but he seems really pissed off and I fear Ashleys fucking up the takeover. Like you say he knows it'll draw fire, so IMO he either knows it's happening, or knows its hanging by a thread, and his demeanour tells me its not the first one.

Like I say I hope I'm completely wrong.

If he keeps picking Joselu it's only right that people ask questions of him. Fair enough the likes of Mitrovic and Perez divide opinion but the universal verdict on Joselu is that he's absolutely hopeless. I don't know anyone who either rates him or thinks he should be in the starting XI.

If he keeps picking Joselu it's only right that people ask questions of him. Fair enough the likes of Mitrovic and Perez divide opinion but the universal verdict on Joselu is that he's absolutely hopeless. I don't know anyone who either rates him or thinks he should be in the starting XI.

Ahem, Manquillo!

There's no benefit to his business position by letting go NUFC's biggest and most important asset.

Ashley is a petty man with a thin skin. I believe he'd rather 'win' an argument with someone like Rafa, rather than see past it and do whats best for him financially. Rafa's words yesterday will have upset him.

So will have his words post QPR last season and his patter in the summer. And he's still here. As if he'd get sacked ffs.

I was thinking more of Ashley doing something to fuck Rafa over with regards to the takeover/January window. I agree that he'll not sack Rafa.

Guest firetotheworks

Tony Cottee just confirmed that he doesnt like Rafa "I just dont get it" he says to Jeff

I don't get how Cottee has a job.

He's a PFM dildo brother.