Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

ashley dream scenario; arsenal come in in the summer take rafa with £6m compo or whatever, rafa bids £75m for lascelles

enter pardew :lol:

And he then inexplicably gives Pardew a £100m transfer budget plus any player sales..

And there'd still be 52k there every home game.

E8Dq6.gif

They claimed he failed at Napoli? Really? :lol: Napoli fans still hold him in high regard, won 2 cups in 2 seasons and signed a lot of the players who've given Juve a run for their money for the scudetto this season.

Coming from fans who said they preferred Larry Grayson to Rafa nothing is that suprising

'With right backing, Benitez won't fancy Arsenal as Newcastle can overtake them'

no shit, they've just spent +£100m on two strikers though, it would take man city levels of backing for us to be able to overtake them anytime soon i'm afraid because it's not like they're going to stand still

Football is getting really weird man ... so many teams are just spending money without the right manager in place, or on the wrong type of players that don't fit their team.

I look back over the basic business we did and we ended up so much better than loads of teams that spent so much money on players that we were quite envious of at the time, and they are a bloody mess.

We have such a fantastic manager in place right now that I would back him to very competitive with solid backing over the summer. Doesn't even have to be anything extraordinary IMO.

I mean we just handled Arsenal fairly well with a championship team for goodness sake.