Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Managers come and go, yes.

One's who come and take to the club, the city, the fans and truly understand it and want to take everybody on the journey to build it all up from scratch, whilst having absolutely no intention whatsoever of wanting to go elsewhere despite the far better professional and financial roles that are readily available, are extremely rare.

Losing Rafa is more than losing a manager.

These words should be engraved on the walls of the club, the city and in our hearts. And on Ashleys grave?

Wor Flags ?? This needs to be immortalised.

One's who come and take to the club, the city, the fans and truly understand it and want to take everybody on the journey to build it all up from scratch, whilst having absolutely no intention whatsoever of wanting to go elsewhere despite the far better professional and financial roles that are readily available, are extremely rare.

These words should be engraved on the walls of the club, the city and in our hearts. And on Ashleys grave?

It’s a bit of a long read for a flag. Perfectly put though

What about just the first & last lines then ?

When would they be used? Either he'll be manager by the first match or he won't.

When would they be used? Either he'll be manager by the first match or he won't.

Losing Rafa WOULD be more than losing a manager ?

Brilliant post - he'll be here next season!

so the northern echo of all papers has an exclusive that rafa was issued with a "take it or leave it" offer by ashley 2 weeks ago and he still hasnt replied to it.

really?

so the northern echo of all papers has an exclusive that rafa was issued with a "take it or leave it" offer by ashley 2 weeks ago and he still hasnt replied to it.

really?

If that is true I hope that was Rafa's response personally. Fuck the prick.

really?

If we are getting new owners, makes not a jot of difference. If we aren't Rafa won't be hanging around anyway so not surprised he couldn't be bothered to reply.

really?

If we are getting new owners, makes not a jot of difference. If we aren't Rafa won't be hanging around anyway so not surprised he couldn't be bothered to reply.

was more the fact that no one else had reported it. just wondering whether the local journos are now just making things up as they go along because they know rafa and the club wont comment.

really?

was more the fact that no one else had reported it. just wondering whether the local journos are now just making things up as they go along because they know rafa and the club wont comment.

Yeah but honestly why did Ashley meet Rafa about his contract, not agree a new deal, then suddenly the takeovers on so contract talks go on the back burner.

OK it came out of the blue to us (and Rafa), but Ashley has known about this since April at the very latest.

So why go through the pretence of meeting Rafa? Just seems rather strange to me.

If we lose Rafa I'll be gutted, everything he has done up to now will unravel quickly, and if the takeover doesn't happen I'm lumping on relegation next season.

If this worst case happens, then I am certain we will go down in last place and challenge for the record lowest points tally. We'll see.

Yes but that was then and this is now. It's not as if he goes home to Liverpool every day. By the sounds of it he's at work early and is the last to leave. If he still wants to work in England (lets face it, you can get from most places in England to Liverpool in less than 6 hours, he could even have gone to PSG and got back to Liverpool in less time via plane and maybe even train) he'll be waiting until a manager is sacked in the new season (unless he stays as NUFC manager).

I don't know what is taking him so long to make up his mind if he wants to sign a new contract. The club have made him an offer even if it is more of the same about 2 weeks ago I don't know what he is has to consider. He has also apparently turned down Roma and Marseilles during his time so I don't really know why he is taking so long to make his decision. This isn't meant to be an attack on Benitez, but the only reason I could think of for him delaying his decision is if the Bin Zayed Group have made contact with him, but that seems far fetched.

I don't know what is taking him so long to make up his mind if he wants to sign a new contract. The club have made him an offer even if it is more of the same about 2 weeks ago I don't know what he is has to consider. He has also apparently turned down Roma and Marseilles during his time so I don't really know why he is taking so long to make his decision. This isn't meant to be an attack on Benitez, but the only reason I could think of for him delaying his decision is if the Bin Zayed Group have made contact with him, but that seems far fetched.

How on earth is he supposed to make a decision when he doesn't know who the fucking owner will be? :lol:

How on earth is he supposed to make a decision when he doesn't know who the f***ing owner will be? :lol:

So then why did he turn down those other jobs?

How on earth is he supposed to make a decision when he doesn't know who the f***ing owner will be? :lol:

So then why did he turn down those other jobs?

Coz he loves the toon.