Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Could really see our game plan tonight and I think it worked brilliantly, we were in control for most of the game when you look back without the nerves, we hardly looked troubled at the back and IMO we deserved the 3 points, its the quality of the attacking players that stopped us from winning that 3 or 4-1.

Credit where its due 3 wins on the bounce and we are turning our season around, long may it continue, can't help but think what we could do if we invested in a 2 or 3 higher quality players though.

triggs has just made a cracking point that I noticed too, rather than booting it forward and having it come back at us we are trying to pass our way out and while at times is nervy, has helped us come under far less pressure, the introduction of Ki and having CB's playing who are more comfortable on the ball than Lascelles has paid dividends.

We haven't missed Shelvey one bit.

Rafa deserves huge credit.

Guest neesy111

triggs has just made a cracking point that I noticed too, rather than booting it forward and having it come back at us we are trying to pass our way out and while at times is nervy, has helped us come under far less pressure, the introduction of Ki and having CB's playing who are more comfortable on the ball than Lascelles has paid dividends.

Completely agree with this, our possession looks must better.

Could really see our game plan tonight and I think it worked brilliantly, we were in control for most of the game when you look back without the nerves, we hardly looked troubled at the back and IMO we deserved the 3 points, its the quality of the attacking players that stopped us from winning that 3 or 4-1.

Credit where its due 3 wins on the bounce and we are turning our season around, long may it continue, can't help but think what we could do if we invested in a 2 or 3 higher quality players though.

We haven't missed Shelvey one bit.

Rafa deserves huge credit.

Absolutely loved that. We never looked shaken. Absolutely resolute throughout. I was so impressed with the way we handled the ball. I've used the word calm tonight about three times, but I can't think of anything else.

Also loved his sly dig at Chelsea in his interview :lol:

:lol: :thup:

What was this?

He said he's managed 3 times in England and the Liverpool fans have been amazing and the Newcastle Uniited fans have been amazing.

:lol: That's brilliant.

Rafa has trained the football out of one of the cheapest put together teams in the Premier league, if Ashley hasn't done enough to keep him by Feb 1st then he deserves everything he gets.