Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest reefatoon

He’s obviously finished. Good job he didn’t get the opportunity to earn a shit load of sports washing money here and flop. Lucky escape now that we are able to keep Bruce. Thanks Premier League.

Wonder why it's all gone wrong. His stock will have plummeted now, you'd think. Didn't work at Real Madrid. Then Newcastle - and all the utter wank that comes with associating with this piece of shit club, plus the agenda that mounted against him from the media - then failure in China. Makes you wonder what calibre of job he's likely to get when he does come back to Europe. Some lucky twats mid-table in Spain, Italy or France will end up with him, I reckon.

Wonder why it's all gone wrong. His stock will have plummeted now, you'd think. Didn't work at Real Madrid. Then Newcastle - and all the utter w*** that comes with associating with this piece of s*** club, plus the agenda that mounted against him from the media - then failure in China. Makes you wonder what calibre of job he's likely to get when he does come back to Europe. Some lucky t***s mid-table in Spain, Italy or France will end up with him, I reckon.

Given the foreign player caps, I suppose he's at the whim of how good the Chinese players are (by the sounds of it shit). I can see him ending up at West Ham when Moyes is inevitably sacked.

I don't think he'd go to a soulless club like West Ham

He'll go to a place where all of his assistants are hired, and his "project" is implemented.

Could easily be someone middling-but-ambitious - and West Ham spend enough to pretend to be ambitious...

Guest chicken little

aye, in terms of culture and history and passion it would be just too much of a step-down from dalian professional f.c.

Wasn't it well-documented that he was close to going there before Real Madrid stepped in?

Besides, say what you want about West Ham and that stadium but I wouldn't call them soulless. Certainly no less soul than the iteration of NUFC he gave a chance, either.

aye, in terms of culture and history and passion it would be just too much of a step-down from dalian professional f.c.

:lol:

His other players must be shite because you'd think Hamsik and Rondon would be two of the best over there

Wonder why it's all gone wrong. His stock will have plummeted now, you'd think. Didn't work at Real Madrid. Then Newcastle - and all the utter wank that comes with associating with this piece of shit club, plus the agenda that mounted against him from the media - then failure in China. Makes you wonder what calibre of job he's likely to get when he does come back to Europe. Some lucky twats mid-table in Spain, Italy or France will end up with him, I reckon.

If Valencia ever gets decent ownership, I can see him going there. He is revered as a god there obviously due to his history.

Rafa himself admitted he didn't treat all his playing well at times as a younger manager, he learned that players were different and had to be treated as such.

That's why he's so good, he still learns now, evolving as a manager. I've no doubt he'll be learning from his experiences in China.

Would like to see him at Borussia Dortmund.

I think they are far more likely to hire someone from Red Bull family - Nagelsmann, Hasenhuttl or one of Klopp's ex-coaches - Marco Rose. Rafa just doesn't fit their style of play.

I agree with you fwiw. I think he’d bring a level of pragmatism and I think he’d get them to win a trophy or two as well.

But, as you said, think they’d regard him as too old school.

I agree with you on the pragmatism and trophies. I think Dortmund are going to after someone more hipsterish than Rafa.