Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The timing is purely coincidental but we can keep everything crossed the takeover goes through and he stays available long enough. No guarentee Benitez is who the owners would want.

Just agonizing coincidence imo. I like the potenital pressure angle for Bruce with Rafa lurking though.

Absolutely no extra pressure on Bruce with Rafa being available. As long as Ashley is here there is no chance of Rafa coming in and no pressure on Bruce.

If you've any faith that the takeover is going to happen then Rafa being unemployed is something to feel at least mildly optimistic about.

Yeah definitely I just don’t think the timing of him being out of a job has anything at all to do with the takeover.

If you've any faith that the takeover is going to happen then Rafa being unemployed is something to feel at least mildly optimistic about.

Personally I think he would have waited until the takeover was going through. Don't know if that means it's close, or more likely he's just had enough of being away from his family home.

There's a paranoid part of me that thinks De Marco is more of an Ashley man than we'd like to believe and he's just taking the piss out of us with his little references. "Sketches of Spain" on day we all go nuts for Rafa?

I've got a mate who thinks the exact same thing. It wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if that's what is happening either.  :lol:

It might even give me the slightest bit of hope  :lol:

Personally I think he would have waited until the takeover was going through. Don't know if that means it's close, or more likely he's just had enough of being away from his family home.

Being hopeful that the new owners are worried that the canteen-loving dickhead we have employed right now will do more severe damage that they're bringing forward their plans to bring Rafa home much earlier. Lose to Villa and sack the c***. Rafa in soon. Wishful thinking.

bloody hell. the amount of facebook warriors out there not wanting rafa back - no better than bruce apparently.

Get off Facebook, place is a fucking disaster.

The groups on there are full of people who class themselves as some of the biggest fans in the club, despite never having gone to a match, but the fact they have the club badge as their profile picture or have NUFC in their name makes up for that.

bloody hell. the amount of facebook warriors out there not wanting rafa back - no better than bruce apparently.

Even putting aside the stats (which show the cabbage in a far worse light), Rafa brought a certain dignity to the club. He's professional, polite, honest, ambitious... everything you'd want from a manager. And the only people who don't like him are the people you wouldn't want to like him. Why does this never get mentioned in any Rafa vs Dusty debate?

Has anyone seen the letter floating about that Rafa is off to Celtic

No mate, I missed that post 3 up from yours. What's it about?

:lol:

Few seconds difference in the posts

there's no mercy on the mean streets of n-o.org, young benjamin. it's a lesson we've all had to learn