Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Has anyone seen the letter floating about that Rafa is off to Celtic

No mate, I missed that post 3 up from yours. What's it about?

:lol:

Few seconds difference in the posts

there's no mercy on the mean streets of n-o.org, young benjamin. it's a lesson we've all had to learn

Aye, some people can be strange sometimes

there's no mercy on the mean streets of n-o.org, young benjamin. it's a lesson we've all had to learn

As Thomas says, a few years and you'll be another grissled N.O senior, no mercy shown.

If Rafa comes back here under Ashley, he'd lose a lot of credibility, in my eyes.

You're weird. He'd only ever coming back knowing the takeover was imminent.

Does it even work like that in world football? :lol: I've never been aware of new owners having their manager appointed before hand. :lol:

If Rafa comes back under Ashley, it would be more like this happening:

'What takeover, Mr Benitez?'

maxresdefault.jpg

As Thomas says, a few years and you'll be another grissled N.O senior, no mercy shown.

Yeerrrssss a few more years ......... :whistle:

If he goes to Celtic he’s given up on football or any kind of project. Nowt against Celtic but that league is awful and dies a little every year. Tragic.

So going to China was what exactly?  :lol:

Man, i'd love him back here, but lets not kid ourselves.

If he goes to Celtic he’s given up on football or any kind of project. Nowt against Celtic but that league is awful and dies a little every year. Tragic.

He likes managing but wants to be near home. Makes sense tbh and he'll give the CL a go next year.

Definitely underwhelming but what job will he get in the PL? Palace? Can't see it.

If Rafa comes back here under Ashley, he'd lose a lot of credibility, in my eyes.

Nah, the very reason he left was because he couldn't get the assurances he needed. If he came back I'd trust that he got whatever he felt was necessary in order to improve the club.

That of course also means that he won't be back unless it is related to a takeover.

Nah, the very reason he left was because he couldn't get the assurances he needed. If he came back I'd trust that he got whatever he felt was necessary in order to improve the club.

That of course also means that he won't be back unless it is related to a takeover.

I've mentioned this on another thread, but a "mad thought" perhaps, but can we possibly get Rafa in a specifically 'temporary' role again (Deja Vu . . . )

Then any problems for the new owners having to keep our temporary manager (who they may not have wanted) on indefinitely . . . well, don't apply do they.

I mean, he is now available, and while Rafa would definitely NOT come back in any kind of permanent role under the current ownership (after the way he was treated by Ashley and all the broken promises) but he could be tempted by another temporary rescue job, particularly if his friends in the Consortium have indicated their imminent success to him !!