Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

With Rafa, we won't need a lot of time and resource to plan this and that from scratch. He had it done already from top to bottom when he was here. It was Ashley who wouldn't go with it. Yes maybe people want a fresh face but I would want someone who can see things outside of just the team on the pitch. A manager with a plan and vision for the cloob and city. Rafa just breathes football and he'll start working the moment he signs up for the job.

Asolutely has to be Rafa.

Guy was already pushing for the infrastructure to be improved and had ideas of exactly how to do it.

Let him oversee all the development and the club will be completely transformed top to bottom. He'll do it with the best interests of the fans and city in mind too.

Already has relationships with staff at the club and everything. Will put a legitimate plan together for developing young players from the region too, which he has always advocated.

It's a complete no brainer.

It's nice to listen to but in reality I highly doubt someone like Keith Downie knows any more than we do. Of course Rafa will be in the conversation, but who knows what he's thinking? Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he wanted to honour his contract in China.

Allardyce on talksport earlier;

'I have no idea why Rafa was seen to have done a good job at newcastle, he was so negative and he did a wonderful PR job for himself in making the fans believe he did a good job up there'.

PR = Us watching the fucking matches.

Fuck off.

Allardyce on talksport earlier;

'I have no idea why Rafa was seen to have done a good job at newcastle, he was so negative and he did a wonderful PR job for himself in making the fans believe he did a good job up there'.

PR = Us watching the f***ing matches.

f*** off.

Have been so livid with the Big Fat Failure Sam comments from this morning all day. Absolute scum along with the likes of Keys. f***ing chewing gum living dinosour.

Guest chopey

I have just been informed that I have been awarded the ‘best coach of the month for October ‘ by the LMA and I am honored to accept.

“However, as we all know, in a collective sport like football,the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and would not be possible without the effort, collaboration of all those who make up a team.

“Starting from the players, the coaching staff and all at the club, come together to combine and achieve their objective.

“To make fans happy who support their club through good and bad times, week in, week out. To all the staff, players and contributors, I appreciate their daily support.

“I receive this award in their name and for the city. This is a prize for all. Come on Toons!”

"Dear NUFC fans,

Thank you for three fantastic, exciting and at times, challenging years.

What we have had here – your support, your affection and your passion – has been unbelievable for me. St James’ Park has always been special, the 5-1 win against Tottenham (15.5.16) was so emotional that since that day I have always felt as though I belonged at Newcastle and I thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home.

Thank you to everyone at the club who has helped the team and of course to the fine players who grew and fought with us; and to the staff (one of the best I have ever shared time with).

From winning the Championship to our two seasons in the Premier League, fans, staff and players have all been united. I wanted to stay but I didn’t want to just sign an extended contract; I wanted to be part of a project. Unfortunately, it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the club did not share the same vision.

I’m very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I’m very proud about what we achieved together.

I will always have you in my heart.

Best of luck for the future.

C’mon Toons!

Rafa Benítez

I have just been informed that I have been awarded the ‘best coach of the month for October ‘ by the LMA and I am honored to accept.

“However, as we all know, in a collective sport like football,the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and would not be possible without the effort, collaboration of all those who make up a team.

“Starting from the players, the coaching staff and all at the club, come together to combine and achieve their objective.

“To make fans happy who support their club through good and bad times, week in, week out. To all the staff, players and contributors, I appreciate their daily support.

“I receive this award in their name and for the city. This is a prize for all. Come on Toons!”

"Dear NUFC fans,

Thank you for three fantastic, exciting and at times, challenging years.

What we have had here – your support, your affection and your passion – has been unbelievable for me. St James’ Park has always been special, the 5-1 win against Tottenham (15.5.16) was so emotional that since that day I have always felt as though I belonged at Newcastle and I thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home.

Thank you to everyone at the club who has helped the team and of course to the fine players who grew and fought with us; and to the staff (one of the best I have ever shared time with).

From winning the Championship to our two seasons in the Premier League, fans, staff and players have all been united. I wanted to stay but I didn’t want to just sign an extended contract; I wanted to be part of a project. Unfortunately, it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the club did not share the same vision.

I’m very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I’m very proud about what we achieved together.

I will always have you in my heart.

Best of luck for the future.

C’mon Toons!

Rafa Benítez

'C'mon Toons!'

:weep:

Imagine the reception he'll get on his first game back

behind closed doors

Be a lot of coordinated walks from the Bruce Ultras on their way to give him a true English bew.

Rafa in charge would have me on the hype train as he's would be the heart channelling the money the owners are putting in. Plus he deserves it, coming back to have money and ambition would be sweet as fuck.

I know I have said I wouldn't mind getting a more attacking manager in next, but I do have another theory about this now. Rafa is one of the most intelligent football managers I have ever come across, and if football has moved on to a  more pressing, front foot style, and the likes of Klopp are succeeding with it, I have a feeling that Rafa has already probably adapted mentally, and would just need the funds to buy the right players to implement it.

We tend to forget he was out of British football for some time, we don't really know what his style would be now with a quality squad.