Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Theres an Atlantic article that says it would cost £20mil to buy him out of his contract. So probably not gonna happen?

We would have no problem in buying a world class player for 20m so in my eyes it would be money well spent.

I love Rafa but his transfer record is very patchy. At Liverpool he signed about 70 players in 5 seasons and most of them weren't Torres or Alonso.

Given unlimited spending power, I reckon he'd sign a fair few knackers as well.

Which manager hasn't made bad signings? Sir Alex Ferguson signed loads of dross

I've always thought Keegan's transfer record to be outstanding, at least at Newcastle.

Who were his worst signings? Mathie? Hottiger? Hooper?

Mathie and Hottiger were fine. Jason Drysdale maybe. His first spell doesn’t really have any massive flops as such. Mark Robinson joined and then was injured so much he had to retire so maybe him.

I love Rafa but his transfer record is very patchy. At Liverpool he signed about 70 players in 5 seasons and most of them weren't Torres or Alonso.

I've always thought Keegan's transfer record to be outstanding, at least at Newcastle.

Mathie and Hottiger were fine. Jason Drysdale maybe. His first spell doesn’t really have any massive flops as such. Mark Robinson joined and then was injured so much he had to retire so maybe him.

KK’s transfer dealings for NUFC were outstanding. Would still love to know his NET spend as I think many people will be surprised to find out he didn’t spend that much in the end.

‘Mr Bruce have you ever been to the Turkish embassy?’

For someone so horrified by it all, you do like to joke about it mind  :lol:

Wey I’m not without a sense of absurdity of it all. My eyes are open to who these people are, and if I’m to carry on following my team what I will have to work out I can stomach.

Hate the sin;  love the sinner.

Theres an Atlantic article that says it would cost £20mil to buy him out of his contract. So probably not gonna happen?

The Athletic. And that was in December of 2019. Can assume it’s run down some since and will be a sliding / declining scale.

Think loki679[/member] said any employee in China can quit with a thirty day notice and no penalties?

The Athletic. And that was in December of 2019. Can assume it’s run down some since and will be a sliding / declining scale.

Think loki679[/member] said any employee in China can quit with a thirty day notice and no penalties?

Aye, that's the law here.  They can put a longer notice period in the contract but it's not in any way legal, had the same issue with a school I was working for.

Aye, that's the law here.  They can put a longer notice period in the contract but it's not in any way legal, had the same issue with a school I was working for.

Only issue I could see is if he has a FIFA registration that would need to be transferred, same as a player.  Then he could quit the contract with 30 days notice but the club would still hold the registration.

KK’s transfer dealings for NUFC were outstanding. Would still love to know his NET spend as I think many people will be surprised to find out he didn’t spend that much in the end.

That summer went he got Barton, Hislop, Ginola and Sir Les. That was so exciting.

That summer went he got Barton, Hislop, Ginola and Sir Les. That was so exciting.

Not for the Mrs. We were on Gran Canaria and I spent 2 weeks writing formations on beer mats etc and seeking out other NUFC fans.......and others, like when we signed Shearer (Kardemena) everyone with interest in football wanted to talk to toon fans.

Happy 60th birthday you beautiful man!

I’ve got everything crossed that we get to see that smile whilst the specs are going into his pocket at SJP again very soon and for a long time!

I would obviously be happy if Rafa came back but I'd prefer if he didnt... does that make sense?

Not without expanding on the 'prefer if he didn't' bit

Hes a great manager and he would be good for us again but if I'm honest I would to see someone with a touch more attacking intent.... what am I saying, fuck it bring Rafa home.

Allardyce on talksport earlier;

'I have no idea why Rafa was seen to have done a good job at newcastle, he was so negative and he did a wonderful PR job for himself in making the fans believe he did a good job up there'.

In the same interview he is praising Bruce for the job he has done. The football has been far more negative under Bruce though.

Really looking forward to being done with these PFMs being involved with the club man. Probably my favourite thing about being taken over.

'I have no idea why Rafa was seen to have done a good job at newcastle, he was so negative and he did a wonderful PR job for himself in making the fans believe he did a good job up there'.

Ooh, it tastes so bitter :lol:

Yeah I heard that at the time and was hurling abuse it him throughout. ‘No!’ ‘Nope!’ ‘Bollocks!’ ‘Shut your fucking rip, hippo heed’

Similar for that melt Harmison for saying what a great job Bruce has done and how he’s the perfect man for the job to rebuild the club under new owners. Fml

My dream would be a sky punditry team of Sam, Souness, and Bellamy sat there watching us win the league.