Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Dunno why I let myself get TRIGGERED by it but the Chronicle comments section is exactly what you'd expect after Rafa's latest comments. The contempt from some is just... bah, no words really. Staggering how thick some are. Did nowt, money grabber, why are ppl still on about him, etc etc.

Dunno why I let myself get TRIGGERED by it but the Chronicle comments section is exactly what you'd expect after Rafa's latest comments. The contempt from some is just... bag, no words really. Staggering how thick some are. Did nowt, money grabber, why are ppl still on about him, etc etc.

Nothing positive or intelligent has ever been said on the Chronicle comments section.

Anytime a building is proposed the same ‘Why aren’t the council building homes for soldiers/homeless?’ question always gets asked. It doesn’t matter how many times people tell them that it’s a private development proposed by a private developer on land that is privately owned, they never understand.

Dunno why I let myself get TRIGGERED by it but the Chronicle comments section is exactly what you'd expect after Rafa's latest comments. The contempt from some is just... bah, no words really. Staggering how thick some are. Did nowt, money grabber, why are ppl still on about him, etc etc.

[/quote

Same. Couldn't believe what I was reading. Didn't realise there were so many idiots supporting this club. Be the same sheep thats kept Ashley here so long

Absolute idiots.

The ‘left for the money’ patter is hilarious - erm, left from where exactly?!

Not saying you can read much into it, but I think it's telling the likes of Lascelles and Lejeune like practically all of Rafa's Instagram posts. Can imagine it was so much easier being a CB under Rafa compared to Bruce - they're clearly fond of him.

I was sitting with the toon fans (red shirt on open display)... I'd been told by guy next to me I'd be tolerated, providing I was respectful to the The Toon. By the end, he was demanding I join in, slagging off Fat Sam. Stotty and a pint for breakfast. Good day out overall.

The first reply :lol:

Balague;

“He would love to come to the Premier League, and my answer would be ‘yes’, if the takeover takes place – and if it’s the same people taking over the club and still want him he would say yes to the possibility of going back to Newcastle because there is still a little bit of unfinished business there.”

Imagine the pundits if he did come back. They will go out of their way to highlight any faults or any transfer that doesn't work out.

Although I would imagine none of that would bother the man himself.

If the takeover did happen I would prefer Rafa over Poch, we may getting football that is easier on the eye than with Rafa but Rafa just seems to get the club and think we would be in better hands.

I also think if Poch did well with us he would be touted to "bigger clubs" I can see a Rafa return being his last job?

Imagine the pundits if he did come back. They will go out of their way to highlight any faults or any transfer that doesn't work out.

If the takeover did happen I would prefer Rafa over Poch, we may getting football that is easier on the eye than with Rafa but Rafa just seems to get the club and think we would be in better hands.

I also think if Poch did well with us he would be touted to "bigger clubs" I can see a Rafa return being his last job?

I said that last week but ferk them! He's my first choice by a mile and I totally agree about your last point too!

"So Rio, another loss for Newcastle tonight, going down 2-1 to a late Salah penalty. What's your thoughts on Rafa's influence now he's back?"

"I mean, I know the fans love him, he's their saviour, but he's been in charge for 3 weeks now which is more than long enough to sort this team of players out. People were getting on Bruce's back from day one, but his hands were tied, and got them playing some fantastic attacking football. That's what the fans want, they don't want any of this trying to draw with Liverpool at Anfield. If anything they've gone backwards since Bruce left"

I said that last week but ferk them! He's my first choice by a mile and I totally agree about your last point too!

Same, he deserves the chance to try to achieve something here without being sabotaged from above.

The fact it would enrage so many pundits (and some fans) is also great.

"So Rio, another loss for Newcastle tonight, going down 2-1 to a late Salah penalty. What's your thoughts on Rafa's influence now he's back?"

"I mean, I know the fans love him, he's their saviour, but he's been in charge for 3 weeks now which is more than long enough to sort this team of players out. People were getting on Bruce's back from day one, but his hands were tied, and got them playing some fantastic attacking football. That's what the fans want, they don't want any of this trying to draw with Liverpool at Anfield. If anything they've gone backwards since Bruce left"

Have you got next week’s lottery numbers?