Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Assuming my frame of mind was as such that I'd wanted us to appoint as good a manager as we could, there's few more detestable people I'd have wanted in the dugout than Steven fucking Gerrard. Bloke's an absolute div. Loves to tell the media about how his players don't come up to his standards, which really grates.

Same here, absolutely detest him. Doing well at Rangers is the same as doing well at Celtic. Hard to fail in a two team league.

In any case, there are far better candidates out there for us, including Rafa himself if we ever get an owner who wants a competitive football club.

It's actually pretty easy to fail in a 2 team league. Neil Lennon has been under pressure this season.

I think Gerrard has done a very good job at Rangers, especially in Europe

It may be that only two teams can win the league, but it still isn't easy to be consistent enough to win it. Rangers had a poor run after last years winter break, and Celtic have had one more recently. They can also both be judged on European performance.

I'd have Gerrard over dinosaur Bruce right now. Heck, there's a list fo other managers I probably detest that I'd have over Bruce. Just can't stand anything about him.

Regardless, he still wouldn't be on the list of managers I'd want if there's a takeover. Personally just don't like him at all and that is definitely colouring my judgement.

It may be that only two teams can win the league, but it still isn't easy to be consistent enough to win it. Rangers had a poor run after last years winter break, and Celtic have had one more recently. They can also both be judged on European performance.

Agree with this. Every game is basically must win for both the Old Firm, they can't afford any slip ups really. I'm no lover of either as I've always followed Aberdeen but when you also look at Rangers performances in Europe under Gerrard they've been outstanding. Hopefully Aberdeen can put a dent in their title ambitions on Sunday.

Being linked with the Derby Job once the takeover goes through for them

Jesus. Things surely haven’t gone that badly for him?  :lol:

It would be a project. With more ambition than he was allowed here. He'd have them in the prem in no time.

Yep - close to home too -can see him fancying that if they go in for him  :'( :'(

Being linked with the Derby Job once the takeover goes through for them

Jesus. Things surely haven’t gone that badly for him?  :lol:

It would be a project. With more ambition than he was allowed here. He'd have them in the prem in no time.

Exactly this. Always had a soft spot fo Derby. If they really have the financial backing rumoured then he could certainly take them and turn them into a solid mid table PL team in a few years. Given how things have gone for him in China they might not have to pay a huge severance package either.