RIP Freddy Shepherd

Optimistic Nut

yeah, he was in it for the money as well, but he loved this club and wanted the best for it. overambitious, but why not?

just didnt have the foresight, the planning or the judgement. would either want to spunk the lot, or "keep the powder dry".

anyone who didnt like him... howay, if Sir Bobby could forgive , so can you. (Maybe not for appointing Sourness though).

RIP.

Guest firetotheworks

I was surprised, but that's because I didn't realise he was 76.

I didn't like him as a chairman or for the things he said about the people of the area, but there was definitely the sense of him wanting to compete even if I did disagree with his methods for doing so. That's a lot more than can be said for a lot of owners.

I was surprised, but that's because I didn't realise he was 76.

What a shame, to die so young, very unexpected at 76, these days.

RIP Freddy, and thanks for being a strong and major part of the "Newcastle United with appropriate ambition" that we enjoyed in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Thought things started going a bit tits up when SJH took a back seat and Freddie Shepherd became the main man but one thing he was was a supporter who always had the best interests of the club at heart. He also employed a lot of people in the North East as well.

RIP

Ambitious. Unlike the current owner.

RIP.

Yep that magnificent 52,000 seat stadium that we sit in every other week is largely down to him. At the time of it's expansion it was the 2nd biggest in the country only behind Old Trafford.

One thing you couldn't knock him for was his ambition.

Guest alijmitchell

Bit of a knacker but wanted us to be a force. Loved the club and wanted the best for the city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest The Little Waster

Bit of a tit but who wouldnt swap what we had then forwhat we have now . RIP and Ashley hurry and join him you fat cunt

A man who at times i would probably have wished ill upon, but having experienced much worse since, I believe he was just a bit misguided and always wanted the best for the club. Funny how times have changed, eh?

RIP. Imagine owning the toon man, he lived the dream.