Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

Without exaggeration the worst game of football I've ever seen.

:lol: Felt sorry for the blokes commentating

They were practically creaming themselves when it looked like PVA was gonna score for Palace. They can eat shitty ass the cunts.

Of course they were, absolutely nothing was happening :lol:

Same with 'Ritchie has punched Townsend' then later when the replay shows he lightly brushes his stomach with his hand 'Oh'

Don’t see much alternative to the way we played, we can’t transform into a different team from one week to the next. Stoked for Merino to get a goal.

It was the only way. Had you pressed on, Palace might have scored. Hodgson's game plan is always to sit back and you don't have the players to tear them apart. Rafa knew to pile on the pressure was to invite conceding on the counter, so he basically let it turn into s*** on a stick and then banked on grabbing one as they tired. I reckon that game went according to his plan. He's the ultimate pragmatist. And Hodgson is a knob-truffling arsebasket.

:thup:

Look at us playing poorly and winning. Youd half expected that in the Championship, cos it's part and parcel of a title charge - but not in this division. Fair fucking play to the lads. They couldn't break us down and paid for it with a defeat. We're a solid, solid side.

Without exaggeration the worst game of football I've ever seen.

:lol: Felt sorry for the blokes commentating

They were practically creaming themselves when it looked like PVA was gonna score for Palace. They can eat shitty ass the c***s.

Of course they were, absolutely nothing was happening :lol:

Same with 'Ritchie has punched Townsend' then later when the replay shows he lightly brushes his stomach with his hand 'Oh'

Said their was some "Body to body contact" for Zaha's dive too.

Look at us playing poorly and winning. Youd half expected that in the Championship, cos it's part and parcel of a title charge - but not in this division. Fair f***ing play to the lads. They couldn't break us down and paid for it with a defeat. We're a solid, solid side.

:thup:

Awful today, but winning when playing shit is a strength as well :)

I don't think this was some Rafa masterclass like :lol:

It was 2 teams with no strikers playing against against each other.

It was two teams with tactics that cancelled each other out and neither manager willing to take a risk to win it. Always going to be settled by a set piece.

Sure, but we’re well organised and prepared to stay patient and hope for a break. With the players we have that’s why we’ll finish quite a bit higher than under most other managers.

Look at us playing poorly and winning. Youd half expected that in the Championship, cos it's part and parcel of a title charge - but not in this division. Fair f***ing play to the lads. They couldn't break us down and paid for it with a defeat. We're a solid, solid side.

Well, that´s a typical Rafa team I guess... Hard to break down I mean

It was two teams with tactics that cancelled each other out and neither manager willing to take a risk to win it. Always going to be settled by a set piece.

This tactics cancelling each other out stuff only goes so far like. Both teams were alarmingly poor on the ball. It was basically only Townsend and Zaha who looked like they'd kicked a ball before.

This tactics cancelling each other out stuff only goes so far like. Both teams were alarmingly poor on the ball. It was basically only Townsend and Zaha who looked like they'd kicked a ball before.

Primarily because there was no space, due to how both teams were set up.

Bad day at the office yet got out with 3 points. If staying up is the objective.. which it is.. then we’re well on our way. Days like today will be as important as they are forgettable.

Fuck Townsend, fuck Zaha, fuck Cabaye and generally fuck Palace.. although they did end our Parsnip misery in fairness to them