Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haggling over the price of a club when you’re potentially going to go out and blow double that on probably a few expensive flops just doesn’t make much sense to me either.

Chelsea did it, City did it.

In fact.. each club have probably wasted far more than 600m each on shite players since they struck oil.

Why be so careful about what was spent on purchasing the club?

Haggling over the price of a club when you’re potentially going to go out and blow double that on probably a few expensive flops just doesn’t make much sense to me either.

In fact.. each club have probably wasted far more than 600m each on shite players since they struck oil.

I guess you'd be careful if you're not actually going to go out and bankroll the club with stupid money after purchase.

Guest firetotheworks

£300m, £400m, meet in the middle seems reasonable, but we know what Ashley's like. Providing they're willing to call his bluff, but also get it done, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it ended up being much closer to £400m.

In fact.. each club have probably wasted far more than 600m each on s**** players since they struck oil.

Indeed. If Crown Prince bin Salman is ready to spunk 50 million on Phil Jones, you'd think he'd be willing to meet fatty's asking price.