Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think if it was going to be called off, it would have been by now. Both parties seem pretty far down the line at this stage, just looks like we need to survive this season, then wait and see what the new owners actually bring to the table if and when it goes through.

Guest firetotheworks

Odin loves a bit of 'I don't believe this for a second, there's no proof! Maybe it's [ wild suggestion with no proof ]' like. [emoji38]

Click bait...

/Odin

Very. Although this is the first piece of news which has any sort of proof whatsoever that this is happening.

It's very positive news, all looks very relaxed.

My take on this would be that maybe over the last few weeks the deal has been on the verge of collapse and the whole fist pumping on the way out means that everyone is now back at the table.

Probably a lot of work to do before a deal ever takes place.

But this could possibly indicate that PCP, or Staveley or whoever is behind the deal doesn't have nearly as much cash as we or Rafa would want to seriously make a massive impact.

Maybe this group are going to be part investors alongside Ashley? (Until they have the cash to buy him out completely)

It really isn't though :lol:

Just hope Rafa has sufficient investment in Jan to keep us in the league. Still my major worry.

No reason why not.

If Ashley and Staveley sign a deal, it could include a term that says Ashley will release funds and Stavely will pay him back. I don't think there's much risk of her not passing the fit and proper persons test, though obviously its not a complete formality. They could even write something in around that.

There's ways and means to guarantee that funds will be available.

I’m confused as to why the owner of the Daily Star and Express would be that arsed about us. Unless he’s throwing a few quid in or is a secret Newcastle Fan?

He's mates with both of them

:lol: Fucking hell. Does no one read?

We deserve this, all the good korma we've built up over the years.

There's been two or three weak attempts at puns and they haven't taken off so far. God willing it stays that way.

Needless pun jab.

:lol: That's choice.

We deserve this, all the good korma we've built up over the years.

There's been two or three weak attempts at puns and they haven't taken off so far. God willing it stays that way.

Needless pun jab.

Excellent :lol:

We have a winner!  :lol:

Am I the only one that thinks these convivial  talks (and the logic that both parties probably want this concluded so work could be done during the transfer window) could well be a sign that things may be more advanced than we've been lead to believe ?

Am I the only one that thinks these convivial  talks (and the logic that both parties probably want this concluded so work could be done during the transfer window) could well be a sign that things may be more advanced than we've been lead to believe ?

Nope.

O0

The fact they're all talking at all is encouraging. The fact they're talking face to face, in public and the atmosphere seems positive and amicable would suggest it's (a) going to happen and (b) fairly soon.

I can't see why PCP would be interested in pursuing it unless they could do something to safeguard their investment, i.e., avoid any chance of relegation. So yeah, I think it's a fair assumption.