Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Click bait...

/Odin

Very. Although this is the first piece of news which has any sort of proof whatsoever that this is happening.

It's very positive news, all looks very relaxed.

My take on this would be that maybe over the last few weeks the deal has been on the verge of collapse and the whole fist pumping on the way out means that everyone is now back at the table.

Probably a lot of work to do before a deal ever takes place.

But this could possibly indicate that PCP, or Staveley or whoever is behind the deal doesn't have nearly as much cash as we or Rafa would want to seriously make a massive impact.

Maybe this group are going to be part investors alongside Ashley? (Until they have the cash to buy him out completely)

Hope it falls through, Odin will be gutted if it doesn't.

If they were ok with Saudi  money they'll  be ok with his.

:lol:  I think if people want a takeover they should maybe put politics to one side.

Especially since Desmond isn't going to be our new owner, as far as I can tell he's just a mutual friend who was there as a facilitator.

If they were ok with Saudi  money they'll  be ok with his.

:lol:  I think if people want a takeover they should maybe put politics to one side.

Especially since Desmond isn't going to be our new owner, as far as I can tell he's just a mutual friend who was there as a facilitator.

Well conduit was close enough.

This is probably a stupid question but couldn't Ashley and Staveley agree to the club obtaining a loan from an external third party (ie a bank) to assist January ahead of a takeover? That way Ashley doesn't have to put any of his own money in, and Staveley can settle it at her leisure further down the line. Basically just like any other football club without a billionaire owner would do.

Such as Richie Desmond?