Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

“I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

Sir John Hall.

Cheers to him for looking after out best interests, eh?

Maybe he just assumed that you needed to be a big club in order to do that.

We need to hit this cunt hard in the pocket. Peaceful protests where we prevent his delivery wagons from leaving the SD distribution centre will quickly send a message. Large protests outside of his key stores as well. Then move on to his other businesses that he doesn’t own outright. I’m pretty sure the board at Debenhams will turn on him if protests severely impact them.

I didn't renew my season ticket in 2013 after the second coming of Joe Kinnear. I'd had a season ticket since 1981 at that point. It was obvious at that point the whole thing was a joke / merchandising outlet for Ashley. He's not had a penny of my money since. I looks for NUFC news every day (like an idiot), hoping for change. It's not coming. Nothing is going to change. Until someone rocks up with enough cash to make him happy, it will be like this. Every time some gonk pulls on a pair of dirty cheap Lonsdale tracky bottoms, he wins. They do that partly because he exploits NUFC as an advertising vehicle, partly because his whole manufacturing and distribution chain is based on exploitation.

Walk away.

You’re dead right about John Hall also as soon as he got a chance to make a big profit he was away like a shot not giving a fuck who he was selling the club too.

i find this a strange criticism myself unless there's more detail i'm unaware of, at the time he bought the club ashley was a very successful but reclusive billionaire with the money to buy and run a football club

don't know how anyone could predict how things have gone personally

why do we care what this marshall lad has to say exactly?

We don't and I think its really important this movement don't get involved. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (however dumb), the group has to concentrate on those who want to be involved and not those who are against them.

why do we care what this marshall lad has to say exactly?

We don't and I think its really important this movement don't get involved. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (however dumb), the group has to concentrate on those who want to be involved and not those who are against them.

is he just a random twitter "support the team" gobshite like?  thought he was someone special or summit

I saw another tool say something like 'If Rafa goes, he goes. He can't be expecting £80m'. Are people like this just being contrary because they get a kick out of it or are they actual rectangles? I can never tell.

Guest chopey

Same people who scrape together enough from their giro each week to buy a season ticket, put on the same Newcastle shirt for every match that could have done with a good wash when Bobby left and then spend £20 before the game and £20 at half time on two bottles of Corrs and Two rock hard mince pies.

I saw another tool say something like 'If Rafa goes, he goes. He can't be expecting £80m'. Are people like this just being contrary because they get a kick out of it or are they actual rectangles? I can never tell.

Some people just give the club the benefit of the doubt regardless because it happens to share the badge. I don't get the non-chalance whilst you claim you care so much. I mean plenty of these people put their money in and feel that's their investment. It's a distinct lack of critical faculty for me.

Same people who scrape together enough from their giro each week to buy a season ticket, put on the same Newcastle shirt for every match that could have done with a good wash when Bobby left and then spend £20 before the game and £20 at half time on two bottles of Corrs and Two rock hard mince pies.

They're probably thinking "what can I do" ?

I'll get me own coat

Some people just give the club the benefit of the doubt regardless because it happens to share the badge. I don't get the non-chalance whilst you claim you care so much. I mean plenty of these people put their money in and feel that's their investment. It's a distinct lack of critical faculty for me.

Well that's a new one on me.

Well that's a new one on me.

oh-fuck-off