Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last year - https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-how-a-phone-call-between-mike-ashley-and-jamaal-lascelles-ended-newcastle-s-bonus-dispute-1-8750154

Newcastle United’s bonus dispute was settled by a phone call between Mike Ashley and Jamaal Lascelles.

The club’s players had been unhappy with the Premier League bonus scheme offered by the club.

Newcastle had offered the squad a pot of £1million for finishing 17th.

United’s players, however, wanted a bonus sheet more in line with those signed off at rival clubs.

The behind-the-scenes row was threatening to impact dressing room morale at the club, and Ashley and captain Lascelles – who scored Newcastle’s winning goal against Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday – spoke late last week.

And the new bonus structure, which will see the squad share a pot of £4million if the club finishes a place above the relegation zone, has now been agreed.

The bonus will rise by £1million per place.

1m between the whole squad was offered? :lol: Would work out at £41k bonus each.  Probably similar to what's offered now

Guest firetotheworks

Just to get an idea of the level of tightness here, in terms of the percentage of his worth it would be like someone on the average UK wage withholding the £6.81 that they promised they'd pay.

A great situation for us going into the season.  :lol:

The players are doing their part to highlight the shambolic way the club is run.

Good on them.

Imagine what the likes of Dubravka must think? We're a complete shambles of a club. A joke of an organisation.

I never criticised the players, more the situation.

Fair enough. I think the players will be just as informed as the fans as to what is going on though. Especially with Rafa in charge.

Oh IM sure they are, they may even spill the beans on social media. 

Ryder says it's about positional bonus, which figures considering Ashley doesn't actually want to finish higher than 17th.

Not gonna lie I'm fucking loving this. Let it go nuclear.

Ryder says it's about positional bonus, which figures considering Ashley doesn't actually want to finish higher than 17th.

Not gonna lie I'm fucking loving this. Let it go nuclear.

:thup:

Why the fuck would any player in their right mind want to join this shitshow of a club?

Getting to a point now where I'm actively wanting Rafa, Lascelles, ect to leave and join a decently run team because they're too good for this bollocks.

Why the fuck would any player in their right mind want to join this shitshow of a club?

Getting to a point now where I'm actively wanting Rafa, Lascelles, ect to leave and join a decently run team because they're too good for this bollocks.

Fuck that, we'd be dead in the water then. We need them to keep ramping the pressure up.

Why the f*** would any player in their right mind want to join this shitshow of a club?

f*** that, we'd be dead in the water then. We need them to keep ramping the pressure up.

To what end though?

Is Mike gonna learn his lesson? Nope

Is he going to sell up? Nope

Is he going to do exactly this again next year? Yup

I'm in full pessimism mode now. As Dave said, burn the fucker down. Then leave it dead.

Think this might be a turning point for our season. The players are doing this cleverly by involving Sky and BT in it. its only a matter of time until one or more of them speak up against the regime and maybe just maybe then, the tide will turn against the fat cunt with the media siding with Rafa and the players.

It's so frustrating watching SSN saying the players are in dispute about bonuses, when they don't inform the viewer that all clubs have the same bonuses going on. It makes our players look greedy and dare i say it, paints Ashley in a good light.

Bishop has been on the phone again.

Rafa already knows what we think of him and short term vocal support for the players is irrelevant in context of the big picture. They should be publizising SD protests or something. People going to the game and showing support is why Ashley has it easy and can take the piss so much.

Fuck that, we'd be dead in the water then. We need them to keep ramping the pressure up.

We are dead in the water anyhow regardless. We need our fans to start ramping the pressure up first before expecting our manager too

Any effort is better than no effort and all that but wouldn't it be better to have an organised rendition of 'get out of our club' on 11 minutes instead?

Even better, a simultaneous ripping down of everything in the stadium with the Sports Direct logo on it and chucking them on the pitch.

Might get the message across. 

We are dead in the water anyhow regardless. We need our fans to start ramping the pressure up first before expecting our manager too

Nah.

Great to see the players are with Rafa and with us.

On a side note, Richard Keys is being paid by Ashley to wind people up and deflect attention. Notice how its almost exclusively morally bankrupt, unemployable muppets who defend Ashley  :lol:

Guest covmag

I reckon Ashley is gonna sell this season, i'm trying to remain positive.

can people not get it, there's no takers

I reckon Ashley is gonna sell this season, i'm trying to remain positive.

can people not get it, there's no takers for his ridiculous price that only a gargantuan wanker would set for a neglected football club

FYP.

Nah.

So we won't do it ourselves but expect someone who isn't even a Newcastle fan to do it for us? Ok

One explanation for the unwillingness to spend could be that he is looking to collect his debt before selling the club, essentially increasing value he gets out of it by £100m. Although, the most likely explanation is that he's just a sociopath with a grudge.