Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems a fairly reckless gamble:

“Lower the rent or I’m leaving.”

“K, bye.”

Not really. He got the whole shebang for 90m which is less than even the stock on hand is worth. He can't lose in this deal.

Less than the stock at full retail price aye, but he'll never get that for it.  Also with the company continuing to make losses he'll be more than £90m in now.

“K, bye.”

Not really. He got the whole shebang for 90m which is less than even the stock on hand is worth. He can't lose in this deal.

More from the landlord’s perspective. Are they so desperate for tenants they’d accept Ashley’s ultimatum? Doubtful.

It’s bullshit PR from Ashley. “I have to close the shops because of the greedy landlords.” No mention he wins again because less shops means lower costs, and he can just warehouse the stock. It’s the sheer transparency of his bullshit that annoys me.

So, when I say reckless, I mean from a rational perspective, not a “betting on losing” one.

“K, bye.”

More from the landlord’s perspective. Are they so desperate for tenants they’d accept Ashley’s ultimatum? Doubtful.

It’s bullshit PR from Ashley. “I have to close the shops because of the greedy landlords.” No mention he wins again because less shops means lower costs, and he can just warehouse the stock. It’s the sheer transparency of his bullshit that annoys me.

So, when I say reckless, I mean from a rational perspective, not a “betting on losing” one.

If I was a landlord and HOF were coming to me and effectively asking me for free rent (which is what he’s done) then I’d turnaround and call up all these independent busineesses who say they can’t afford to rent in key locations and ask them if they want to pay minimal rent for a period of time to build their business. This way they are still getting some rent, and they get good PR for supporting local businesses over chains.

Have any of the deals for other clubs had this sort of clause?  I know Fat Mike is a cunt but it seems a little odd, especially this early in the season.

I think it's more the fact there's no real 'news' on the 'sale' front. Therefore, they're just taking the previous Staveley talk and claiming it as 'news'.

He must be an absolute nightmare to deal with. One of the guys from the Newcastle supporters trust was saying in a podcast that he knows of a few groups who've essentially "got to the table" to do business but the constant moving of goal posts etc means people just walk away in the end. Clearly absolutely everything has to be on his terms and until something else forces his hand (fans protest, likelyhood of relegation, Rafa leaving, someone rich enough to pay whatever he wants, an act of god) I just can't see him selling sadly.

What will be interesting is the end of this season when Rafa inevitably leaves. If Ashley still owns the club then it'll be interesting to see what he does faced with Rafa leaving. Either way he's going to have to take a massive gamble (which he seems to love) to employ someone new and enrage the fans even more.

I like many others will go into exile again if Rafa leaves and we return to the usual patsy status quo.

He must be an absolute nightmare to deal with. One of the guys from the Newcastle supporters trust was saying in a podcast that he knows of a few groups who've essentially "got to the table" to do business but the constant moving of goal posts etc means people just walk away in the end. Clearly absolutely everything has to be on his terms and until something else forces his hand (fans protest, likelyhood of relegation, Rafa leaving, someone rich enough to pay whatever he wants, an act of god) I just can't see him selling sadly.

What will be interesting is the end of this season when Rafa inevitably leaves. If Ashley still owns the club then it'll be interesting to see what he does faced with Rafa leaving. Either way he's going to have to take a massive gamble (which he seems to love) to employ someone new and enrage the fans even more.

I like many others will go into exile again if Rafa leaves and we return to the usual patsy status quo.

The nightmare scenario is this doesn’t happen and it’s a case of back the new guy, give him a chance, won’t judge him yet. Support the team/regime cycle continues.

The nightmare scenario is this doesn’t happen and it’s a case of back the new guy, give him a chance, won’t judge him yet. Support the team/regime cycle continues.

Very true. My interest as will have completely gone if this were to happen, it wouldn’t be a difficult decision to walk away again.

there's enough mong fans to side with ashley when rafa leaves. trawl twatter and facebook and listen to some of the comments in the ground.

plenty think rafa's a moaner, too negative, too stubborn, has made poor signings and should be doing much better with what he's got.

If true i don't see why he should be forced to accept a relegation clause in there. If you wanted the club it was available in the summer, no games played and full window ahead. Now the season is in flow, it is what it is, accept it and buy it, wait till next summer or stop wasting everyone's time, including the fans.

Won't be true though.

If true i don't see why he should be forced to accept a relegation clause in there. If you wanted the club it was available in the summer, no games played and full window ahead. Now the season is in flow, it is what it is, accept it and buy it, wait till next summer or stop wasting everyone's time, including the fans.

Won't be true though.

Not entirely true though, he hiked the price when safety was assured and only "reduced" the price again when he spent fuck all in the summer and left Rafa high and dry. I think people are interested at £300m but it's only ever been available at that price when we've been on a knife edge.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the summer with a threadbare squad, no manager and no transfer funds, greedy bastard will still think we're worth £300m, even if we're relegated.

As it stands right now, as of Sunday 25 November 2018, how much do you guys think we're worth?

I thimk hes asking around 100m too much personally for someone to buy us and take us over its going to be a 500 to 600m plus investment initially

300m asking price

150m player investment at least

Stadium refurbishment

training facility massive upgrade

investment in youth academy and other avenues of the club

Hence why I believe no one has touched it yet

I don’t believe for a second that £300m is a “no strings attached” price either, given some of the numbers quoted in the past. If someone wrote a cheque for that tomorrow, we’d be hearing about external contracts and 99 year leases till doomsday.

As it stands right now, as of Sunday 25 November 2018, how much do you guys think we're worth?

I thimk hes asking around 100m too much personally for someone to buy us and take us over its going to be a 500 to 600m plus investment initially

300m asking price

150m player investment at least

Stadium refurbishment

training facility massive upgrade

investment in youth academy and other avenues of the club

Hence why I believe no one has touched it yet

Spread that £150m player investment over four or five years like everyone else does and it's suddenly a £30m - £38m outlay......

Or how about pay for those player upgrades with the money we bring in and it won't actually cost new owners anything.  Especially if a new owner makes an effort to increase revenues, rather than siphoning it off like the fat cunt does.