Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Such an emotional rollercoaster this take over. Even though no facts are being presented, I swing from being relaxed and thinking it will come in and investment will happen in Jan, to thinking it won't come off, nothing spent and our PL status or Rafa as our manager is in jeopardy.

This is exactly how I feel. Today I am in the camp of it not happening and Ashley once again just being a c***.

Aye, and while we reach the 20th deadline Rafa set for bodies in my anxiety around this situation will increase.

I don't get this fat wanker. He has a profitable way out, and yet he's fucking us again just to be greedy.

I don't blame PCP for refusing to budge on price either. The cost of buying players is soaring by the month, and our squad is now one of the poorest in the division. It will cost a lot of money to get it up to where it needs to be, we've flogged all our decent players ages ago.

The latest rumour that Rafa has been told he has to sell players before buying suggests that this isn't happening any time soon. We can write off any funds from Ashley which would be paid off in the event of a takeover if that's true.

Possible tactic by Ashley to put pressure on PCP to raise their offer perhaps? Might be the case.

I'm sure PCP will want Rafa to get players that he needs to ensure we are able to stay up. Ashley may well be using this fact to get the offer he wants.

The latest rumour that Rafa has been told he has to sell players before buying suggests that this isn't happening any time soon. We can write off any funds from Ashley which would be paid off in the event of a takeover if that's true.

Possible tactic by Ashley to put pressure on PCP to raise their offer perhaps? Might be the case.

I'm sure PCP will want Rafa to get players that he needs to ensure we are able to stay up. Ashley may well be using this fact to get the offer he wants.

Testing PCP desire to see this deal through to maximise his sale value. He's playing a game of chicken here, problem is if we lose it's our future under Rafa at stake. Can't see another top manager touching us after Rafa, it will be a has been or unproven with little investment. Hardly much left we can sell to generate funds like last time we went down.

A lack of additions in the January window may well be Ashley's way of making PCP come to terms.

You mean buy us in time to make their own signings and keep us up?

Yeah, so reports are that the valuation is apart and there were issues over relegation clauses. Ashley will want maximum sale price and no relegation clause. If he refuses to allow PCP to 'help' in January he essentially puts pressure on PCP to quickly agree to his value and waive relegation clauses so that they can provide funds for investment to reduce the risk of relegation.

A lack of additions in the January window may well be Ashley's way of making PCP come to terms.

Yeah, so reports are that the valuation is apart and there were issues over relegation clauses. Ashley will want maximum sale price and no relegation clause. If he refuses to allow PCP to 'help' in January he essentially puts pressure on PCP to quickly agree to his value and waive relegation clauses so that they can provide funds for investment to reduce the risk of relegation.

I understand the argument but only a buffoon would come up with it in a serious negotiation:

"I will offer you 5k for your car"

"8k"

"Maximum I can do is 6k. Take it or leave it"

"8k or I'll fucking crash it against that brick wall"

"..."

I understand the argument but only a buffoon would come up with it in a serious negotiation:

"8k"

"8k or I'll f***ing crash it against that brick wall"

"..."

The analogy is understandable but doesn't really apply. No/minimal investment in January is risky but it is not akin to smashing the car into the wall. If it is a mechanism to force PCP to terms it may be that investment follows if PCP walk away. At the moment the January window is potentially leverage for Ashley and this may well be a bit of brinksmanship.

the whole takeover thing is an elaborate hoax by ashley to distract fans from the fact that the fat clown wont be spending any money in January on desperately needed new players and to give himself an easy scapegoat should we go down.

"it werent me, it were the unsettling buy out news"

the whole takeover thing is an elaborate hoax by ashley to distract fans from the fact that the fat clown wont be spending any money in January on desperately needed new players and to give himself an easy scapegoat should we go down.

Again, what do Staveley and PCP get by going along with this? Other then potentially ruining there brand? :lol:

"8k"

"..."

The analogy is understandable but doesn't really apply. No/minimal investment in January is risky but it is not akin to smashing the car into the wall. If it is a mechanism to force PCP to terms it may be that investment follows if PCP walk away. At the moment the January window is potentially leverage for Ashley and this may well be a bit of brinksmanship.

I think the analogy works as it is. The club getting relegated will not hurt PCP as they would just walk and buy Southampton or some other club. They don't have a vested, real interest in NUFC yet, like Ashley has. Ashley stands to lose a fortune by not strengthening. Threatening to run the club into the ground to attempt to force someone else to buy it at a higher price is not leverage in my book, it's idiocy.

"8k"

"..."

I think the analogy works as it is. The club getting relegated will not hurt PCP as they would just walk and buy Southampton or some other club. They don't have a vested, real interest in NUFC yet, like Ashley has. Ashley stands to lose a fortune by not strengthening. Threatening to run the club into the ground to attempt to force someone else to buy it at a higher price is not leverage in my book, it's idiocy.

it's gambling

Again, what do Staveley and PCP get by going along with this? Other then potentially ruining there brand? :lol:

Who says Stavely and PCP have to be "in" on it for Ashley to be fooling around without any real intention of selling up though? It's not like Ashley hasn't done this before.

"8k"

"..."

We clearly represent a specific opportunity that they are interested in. You wouldn't try and buy a club or anything from Mike Ashley unless you were serious about it.

Ashley stands to lose a fortune by not strengthening, well yes if the club is relegated and never returns to the premier league he will lose a fortune. This idea that he has to sell now is just untrue though. Even if the club is relegated, lets say we return to the Premier League the next year, how much value has the club lost? 

To a potential investor we remain the same opportunity as we are now. It may be that the TV deal is more lucrative at that point so we may actually be worth more by default in 2 years time.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to sell, I suspect he does but he also wants the price that he wants for the club and I suspect he wants that more.

Are you people forgetting that Ashley has said that he wouldn't sell to someone who didn't have the clubs best interests at heart?

I'm afraid any delay is probably not down to money, but PCP simply failing to demonstrate enough care in the clubs future.

Are you people forgetting that Ashley has said that he wouldn't sell to someone who didn't have the clubs best interests at heart?

I'm afraid any delay is probably not down to money, but PCP simply failing to demonstrate enough care in the clubs future.

Imagine :lol:

PCP can simply go to buy Southampton and hire Rafa as their manager. Ashley would be the only one who suffer from the huge relegation loss.  Obviously he didn't realise this.

Southampton have just been sold.

PCP can simply go to buy Southampton and hire Rafa as their manager. Ashley would be the only one who suffer from the huge relegation loss.  Obviously he didn't realise this.

Southampton have just been sold.

5ef55a1e744a0a4e37b9b375b3f39c2d.jpg